D22369

its too expensive....wtf?

sheesh, these days things that make me go hmmm

I put a motor, trans, and carb on craigslist for less than just the core value of the block and I get not one, but two responses saying that I want too much for it...

apparently these days ya just gotta give stuff away[:/]

rant over, carry on

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Craigslist buyers are like Walmart shoppers - they always want the cheapest possible deal. And no matter how low of a price you list your item at, they'll always want to lower it more. I gave up on honest no-haggle pricing on my ads. I now play that stupid psychology game of asking for more than I really want, so that they can ask for less, and I'll come down to make them feel like they got a bargain, when in fact they're just buying at what I wanted all along. I hate playing that kind of game, but it's a Craigslist necessity. Otherwise, if you don't come down from the list price, they won't buy, no matter how reasonable that price already is.

You make it sound like negotiation is a new phenomenon. :S It's been around far longer than Wal*Mart.

In fact, Wal*Mart is one of the few places that you can't haggle for pricing.

I love haggling for a deal. Car dealers never see me coming B|

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You make it sound like negotiation is a new phenomenon.

I said nothing of the sort. You don't negotiate at Wal-Mart because both the buyer and the seller know that their prices are already the lowest around. I prefer to price my Craigslist items at Wal-Mart prices, but people still want to negotiate...

I said nothing of the sort. You don't negotiate at Wal-Mart because both the buyer and the seller know that their prices are already the lowest around. I prefer to price my Craigslist items at Wal-Mart prices, but people still want to negotiate...

Still not seeing the problem.

I guess there are people who don't get the pleasure of the deal. Some people are not comfortable with the back and forth, the respect for the other person in the give and take of working out the best possible bargain.

You do this verbally, here all the time, I'm just surprised that you don't appear to translate this to other venues. :S:P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I know how you feel. But with the economy down, it's a buyer's market and people are haggling like never before. We're house shopping right now. Wait 'til they get some of my low-ball offers.

sheesh, these days things that make me go hmmm

I put a motor, trans, and carb on craigslist for less than just the core value of the block and I get not one, but two responses saying that I want too much for it...

apparently these days ya just gotta give stuff away[:/]

rant over, carry on

Roy

I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist, and I always leave the ad up even if I make the sale. I can't tell you how many times I have hated myself for giving to lower offers, only to be offered the listed price a couple of days later.

Unless your prices are off, be patient, someone will come.