CarrieByTheSea

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Film)

I like the 2nd and 3rd books better than the first, they're actually about "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo."

Of course, Stieg Larssen never actually wrote a book called "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo";)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I thought the film was fantastic (4/5 stars), though I have not read the book to compare.

Has anyone else seen it? Discuss. :)

Not gonna. The American Cinema should've left well enough alone. The Swedes did it well the 1st time.

Well, the affair between Mikael and Erika doesn't come out as at all obvious in the Swedish film, but it's an important part of the book plot.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

watched the original 3 Swedish films, Subtitled films don't really bother me. Thought this was a very well acted and directed set.

The thing I'm most interested in is if they remake the sequels.

While the Swedish 'Dragon Tattoo' film was absolutely superb, the sequels were made-for-tv and only got a cinema release after the first film did so well in the english speaking market. As a result they do feel pretty cheap and rushed in comparison. A proper cinema budget do-over could be a decent improvement.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I finally got around to watching this movie tonight (American version).

I really want to read the books now!!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I read the books, bought the Swedish films and a while ago rented the US version from iTunes. I really liked it..more than the Swedish version.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Watched the Swedish? version on Netflix yesterday with subtitles. It was kind of annoying at first having to read the subtitles, but after awhile I didnt even notice anymore. I liked it alot. Really want to check out the American version as soon as I can.

Oh, and I thought the chick was badass! I dig tattoos on a chick!

Watched the Swedish? version on Netflix yesterday with subtitles. It was kind of annoying at first having to read the subtitles, but after awhile I didnt even notice anymore. I liked it alot. Really want to check out the American version as soon as I can.

watch the next two installemnts then, they are also good :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

watch the next two installemnts then, they are also good :)

Played with Fire was my favourite of the three Swedish films.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey