ryoder

High Park Fire - Colorado

Man, just think of the fun we could have with all these toys!

Air resources include:

5 Heavy air tankers
5 Single engine air tankers
4 Type 1 heavy helicopters
3 Type 2 medium helicopters
4 Type 3 helicopters
3 Blackhawk helicopters from the National Guard

Ref: http://www.co.larimer.co.us/emergency/emergency_detail.cfm?nam_id=85

For the previous two days the Heavy's were departing Eastbound and turning North right over my house. B|
Woke up this morning with the basement fan starting to pull smoke into the house.[:/]
Note the current conditions: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=KBJC
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My office is right across the street where the Aircraft are refueling and refilling with slurry. I spent part of Sunday afternoon watching them come in, turning loads like a jump pilot.

Big time props to those pilots flying these long ass days in this crap!! (pun intended)

Attached pics of two of the aircraft.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Did not see one on the Neptune, the Convair had a door very square and about the size of a DC3

Look at the pic, the door is the only window towards the back of the plane. Awfully close to rear stabilizer.

They use a big ass regular ladder to get in and out! haha. :ph34r:

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Nice pics. (and office location!) The Neptune still sports its '60s Canadian Maritime Air Command zig zag stripe.

Nice to see such old aircraft flying, as long as the operators understand the meaning of the words "gust load spectrum" and "fatigue life", something which it seemed like Hawkins & Powers did not, 10 years ago.

We still can. We just have to jump near their flight path:

http://www.dropzone.com/news/Skydiverinnearmisswithsl.shtml

Holy $#it! Yep, those tankers fly around VFR not talking to anyone quite a bit. They should look out for jump centers a little better. My question would be if this jumper's pilot got a traffic advisory from center or approach prior to the drop.