shah269

Phantom pain in the shin?

Phantom pain in the shin?

Ok all of you who are part of the lower limb titanium club.
Can you lend a brother a hand...and maybe his doctor?
Three years ago I had an oopsi whereby I did a number on my sin bone and broke it in two spots. I got a titanium rod and am all better now. As sexy as ever and partially bionic. The ladies love this.

That aside over the past year I've noticed that I'll get freaking horrible phantom pains in my right leg. I've been to my doctor and he has simply said for me to walk more on a high incline treadmill and to stay healthy....ah no kidding!

But still every now and again I'll just get this freaking pain in my shin as if I may have done some damage. I give it a minute or two and well it goes away and I'm fine.

He has no clue what it is since the xrays don't show any damage or issue.

What do you guys think? Is this temporary gangster lean when I walk just a part of life or have you guys found a way to get better.

Thanks and love as always
Shah
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I did a number on my sin bone and broke it in two spots. I got a titanium rod and am all better now. As sexy as ever and partially bionic. The ladies love this.

If a sin bone is what I think it is, and yours is now a titanium rod, no wonder the ladies love it. All this time I thought you were tooting your own horn with nothing to back it up! :P Learn something new every day! :D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

If a sin bone is what I think it is, and yours is now a titanium rod, no wonder the ladies love it.

You = funny lady. :D:D

Shah, I don't think there's any such thing as phantom pain. If your shin hurts, what you have is real pain.

Shah, I don't think there's any such thing as phantom pain. If your shin hurts, what you have is real pain.

Yeah but you know for the life of me i don't know what it is and neither does the doctor.
I practice some hard core yoga and it doesn't hurt then and when i'm at Planet fitness walking at almost a 10 incline at say 3mph i don't feel it either.

But sure as shit today i was walking from my car to the office and POW it hit..... And the other day just walking around the house it hit.

I can't seem to replicate it. It almost feels as if i have shin splits from hell for 15seconds and then stops.

Thus why i'm asking.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Shah,
I'm not sure I'd call it "Phantom pain" either. It's real pain secondary to the trauma that your leg sustained

As you know I had a skydiving mishap:S:P that caused some serious orthopedic interventions. One of them was an internal fixation of the tib/fib fracture.

I still have pain there almost on a constant basis, but if you were to ask the Drs. why they are unable to explain it other then "Hey there was some severe damage done."

I also have pain in other areas of my body that sustained trauma that had no surgical intervention whatsoever.

You pain is real,unexplainable and to put it in my own sarcastic way........Suck It Up Cupcake;)

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

well I'm calling it Phantom pain because well from the view of the x-rays and from my level of strength and flexibility everything appears to be in order so there is no real reason for the pain anymore.

Confuses the hell out of me and my doctor.
And what pisses me off is that I can't seem to replicate it and feel horrible for wasting my doctors time.

Same here when it comes to my leg. All fixation was removed on the left side and I have strength, and flexibility also in that leg......now my back is a whole other story....but I still have that pain in my leg.

If you are having problems with it that concerns you and you are returning to the drs. because of this concern, you are not wasting his time.....it is his job after all.

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

:D:D:D

What the ladies love the Shah!

Bry,
Thank you, i guess it could just be some residual damage that the xray can't see.

Thank god i can walk and run and do what i love doing even after such an amazing accident!

It's all Nataly's fault.

She's the one who made a Shah Voodoo Doll awhile back. Maybe she started playing with it! ;)

Well she did didn't she?
Can you blame her? I mean I am very amazing!

But if that's the cause of the odd pain...Nat darling gorgeous please stop it hurts.
Thank you beautiful.

If a sin bone is what I think it is, and yours is now a titanium rod, no wonder the ladies love it. All this time I thought you were tooting your own horn with nothing to back it up! :P Learn something new every day! :D:D

and MAN that had to hurt breaking his sin bone in two places ;)
__

My mighty steed

:D:D:D

Meh...penis-envy runs deep.

Shah,

Are there future plans to remove the hardware? Is there a lot of calcification surrounding the hardware? The nerves run through tight spaces in your calf. It doesn't take much to impinge them. Inflame a nerve, & it can fire for months. Inflame it long enough, & it may never stop hurting. You've got good insurance, right? Have you seen a Neurologist yet? Phantom pain is from an amputated limb. Your pain is real. Nerves can behave in ways that defy logic. Inflame one through exercise, & it could fire several hours later. I say run this by a good neurologist. They deal w/this sort of thing. It's only a nuisance aside for your Ortho.

Good Luck, brother.

If you still have your shin and the pain is coming from it, it's real pain, not phantom. Ask Gawain what real phantom pain is. He lives it nearly everyday since getting his leg blown off in Iraq.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You broke. You got metal. It's gonna randomly hurt for the rest of your life.

You could have been smart like me and not had insurance when you broke. That way you wouldn't have metal in your leg. Dumb ass. :P (smiley indicates that this is not a personal attack. Even if it is.)

It could just be that you're a pussy.DOH!!

You're over 35,right?

I get "phantom" pains in places haven't broken. I chalk it up to aging.

I get shin pains randomly, though, I DO have splints.

I get a left ear ache for 17 seconds at a time, as well. There's no way to replicate it so, I haven't gone to the dr's. It happens so randomly (and seldomly) that I figure its just a waste of time.

Keep living, stop worrying. No matter how fit any of us are, one day we'll all die

Edit: for grammar. (hey, it may not be perfect but, it's better than it was)
My photos

My Videos