airtwardo

HIT IT!

~ It's 1276 miles to Oshkosh, got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Should be rolling in to AirVenture this time tomorrow night...let hope for a great convention and a safe air show! B|

If anyone cares to share a chilly one look me up...Divot says he's buying. :):ph34r:

I'm the tall, handsome, distinguished looking older gentlemen...Divot's the rather hefty guy usually next to me....yeah 'hefty', two inches taller and he'd be round!
>:(;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

"I got it at the Mount Prospect Police department auction"..
" It's got a cop motor, cop transmission, cop tires...."
"it was made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas"
"So whaddaya say??? is it the new bluesmobilie" ?? ;)B|

Jake & Elwood have NUTHIN' on YOU Guys....only..... watch out for the REAL cops who no doubt
( in todays world of technology) have SCMODS....:|:P

wow 'em ,,, twardo !!!!
and say hello to divot for us....

jmy

So how's the airshow going?B|

EAA Air-Venture 2012 is in the books! B|

Jumped everyday...despite the weather. >:(

It was quite an interesting show this year, two other parachute teams came in for three days each and performed as well.

Got to meet TJ and the guys from Red Bull Air Force as well as the Canadian Skyhawks.

All a great bunch of guys, even IF they did stiff us on :D~ ~ for the FIRST jump at Oshkosh! >:(:ph34r:

I think both other teams were like~ WTF's with these OLD GUYS and the two van loads of beat-up gear?!
...until they saw us get to 'work'. ;)B|

One of the Canuks asked me how long I'd been doing that show...told him truthfully, 3 years LONGER that you've been alive! :D

He asked why one of our guys was walking so stiff...told him, double knee replacement short time ago, grab you logbook and get a sig, his D # is 4xx. His jaw dropped and off he went for his logbook! B|

Liberty Team was briefing for the jump yesterday in the shade of the DC-3 wing when the jumper dumper Casey brought over an older lady and interrupted us. . .we usually stay roped off and focused for that 30 minutes or so.

Seems this was to be her and her husbands last Oshkosh, they've been coming cross country for 25 years to the event and it was just getting to be too much.

She took the time & effort to seek us out on the airport, and personally thank us for giving each show such a wonderful beginning & patriotic tone in those years...

I'm looking at this little old lady -
80+ in years, standing in the 95* heat graciously thanks us for doing something that I love to do.

I asked her a few questions, curious mostly about why her, why an aviation event...suffice it to say, an AMAZING woman!

She was just beaming as we all stood in line for a hug and thanked HER for coming by...I could be wrong, but it sure seemed like every one of us was giving 110% to make that last show opening the best of the week, even though it was the 'slow' day and 1/10 of the normal spectators were in attendance.

We knew of one VERY special lady who WAS watching for one last time, and we wanted to give her something to remember! B|B|

Cool planes...Cool people...GREAT time once again, for the 29th year in row. :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What a great time, Twardo. We need to never forget how special our demos can be to people and always treat the spectators with that kind of respect. Very cool. B|

I didn't do any demos this weekend but I did have an AFF student ask that I be her instructor. I'm always complimented by that. :)

(So you were in competition with a foreign government's military and a caffeinated-sugar-water company...)

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.