nigel99

Don't vandalise peoples logbooks!

but that's the point of national standard licensing. Does a D mean Expert or not?

Exactly. :)

A while ago there was a thread about a D license holder who went unstable on a recurrency jump and just waited for the Germans to deploy his reserve. :o
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

it appears from your posts that you seem to think that the atmosphere at your DZ is such that it's either our way or the highway...

No Pops, I'm not saying that at all. Assuming that logbook entry was a well intentioned but inappropriate and unwelcome prank, then why not just remove the page from your logbook, let the folks know who did it that you really didn't care for it and ask them not to do it again? Hopefully they would apologize, offer to buy a beer and everyone would sing Kumbaya around the bonfire.

My point is, it’s a fairly innocent, minor transgression. If the reaction to something like this is to be “humiliated and embarrassed,” text one’s SO because your so upset and have a post on the net about how your logbook has been "vandalized" then really, is a dropzone a good place for someone like this to hang out? Alternately, are you suggesting we should censor and police ourselves so as to never accidentally offend anyone? And, yet again, I’m very sorry she was upset but a dropzone IS an adult environment. Someone this sensitive – some might say overly sensitive – is probably going to be offended a lot by being there.

There is nothing that can be said that will justify this type of behavior. It is not “well intentioned”, fairly innocent” or a “minor transgression”. If as you say a DZ is an adult’s playground then act like an adult.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm of two minds on this... Part of me thinks a naughty doodle in a logbook is just plain funny... Part of me thinks if you don't know someone you shouldn't play pranks on them...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hi Ladies and Gents

I attended a friends funeral (JD) a couple of years ago.:( We first met in 1970 he is a real marine.was still spit polishing his frenchie's and starching his jump suit.

JD recieved a real nice military funeral 21 gun salute etc. After we returned from the cemetary we returned to the church for milk and cookies.

While we we at the cemetary someone had put up JD' picture and his log books on display at the church. JD always filled out his logbooks like a marine very neat and clean. JD's log books were treated by his family and everyone else in attendence like a shrine as they turned the pages and read the comments.

The morale of this story is if you all want to use your log bools for TP be my guest but don't fuck with someones else's without their permission.

There is no std DZ culture every DZ follows the lead of the DZO and his worker bee's. I've met a couple of ranch hands at Z-Hills the young ones are like a cult. a sweet young thing asked me if I knew where Him Him Fuck him came from. She actually believed it started at the ranch:D:D:D

At John Boys DZ when I jumped there the DZO didn't even allow cuss words on the DZ. IOW there is no SOP for the way jumpers act, so YMMV.

I still have my log books going back to 68, I know BFD. Close to the end of my career I didn't log my jumps either. Just asked manifest for a print out of the jumps for the week I was there and stuffed it in my log book. That was good enough for me.

I enjoy reading all the urban legend BS on Dizzy.com from people that weren't there and don't know what their talking about.:D:D:D

R.I.P.

FWIW those are my initals and how I filled out the waivers from the east coast to the west coast and pts in between and I wasn't traveling with a posse. B|

There is no std DZ culture every DZ follows the lead of the DZO and his worker bee's. I've met a couple of ranch hands at Z-Hills the young ones are like a cult. a sweet young thing asked me if I knew where Him Him Fuck him came from. She actually believed it started at the ranch

Where did it come from? It was already entrenched well over 30 years ago when I started jumping at Elsinore.

I don't think it was being chanted on my first jump ( it might have, who remembers that kind of detail?), but I remember hearing it before I got off student status.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

There is no std DZ culture every DZ follows the lead of the DZO and his worker bee's. I've met a couple of ranch hands at Z-Hills the young ones are like a cult. a sweet young thing asked me if I knew where Him Him Fuck him came from. She actually believed it started at the ranch

Where did it come from? It was already entrenched well over 30 years ago when I started jumping at Elsinore.

I don't think it was being chanted on my first jump ( it might have, who remembers that kind of detail?), but I remember hearing it before I got off student status.

It started with Air Trash in the early 70's...Richard Hayden.

Krip

Well put old friend.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

It started with Air Trash in the early 70's...Richard Hayden.

Krip

Well put old friend.

Sparky

I think we used to use it when we were in the service, a lot of draftee's had no respect for lifers and officers.It probably started in WW2 for the officers and recruiters. Weren't a lot of the folks in air trash vets?

Anyone want to google it.?

R.