Fawgdog

GOING to FL!!!

Hey I just went down there a couple of weeks ago with my honey, and we ended up spending the week @ Skydive America in Pehokee. I've never been to Perris or Eloy, (from NE) but I would highly recommend that DZ. The people are great, the loads are well organized, and they just built a new bar :)

Dog,
I just spent a week in Sebastian - that place rocks! Lots of loads, awesome people, Drop Shop and Zoo Bar. What more can you ask for? Oh, yeah - most BEAUTIFUL view from above. Check them out at skydiveseb.com. Have fun! Wish I could go!
Elisa

Skydive Miami is the closest DZ to Ft. Lauderdale. They are the very best drop zone I have ever been to. The regulars are great and the instructors are wonderful. The whole atmosphere is awesome. They have a Caravan, go to 13,500', and it's just a cool drop zone. They have an early bird special with discounted jumps if you get there before a certain time inthe day, but I forget what time it is and how much they jumps are. Email Fred at [email protected] and ask him any questions and he will reply to you and give you the answers. Or, email me and I will answer them for you! I promise, you won't be disappointed!!

Sebastian - that place rocks! Lots of loads, awesome people, Drop Shop and Zoo Bar. What more can you ask for? Oh, yeah - most BEAUTIFUL view from above. Check them out at skydiveseb.com. Have fun! Wish I could go!

I second this. Sebastian is by far my favorite place to jump next to my home Florida DZ that closed. I also have come to like Deland quite a bit but that's a little too far from Fr. Lauderdale. I'd definitely go to Sebastian and they have started doing beach jumps there regularly as well:)) once a month and that's not far so we'll be able to do beach jumps again!
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES!
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

Hey dog, I live in Ft Lauderdale. Your local DZ options are Skydive Miami in Homestead and Skydive America in Pahokee.
Skydive Miami might be physically closer, but you have to take '95 down through the Miami area to get there, which is a bitch. I can make Skydive America in a little over an hour by taking 95 south to 595/75 over to 27 north. 75 and 27 both have little traffic so you can really make good time.

While this thread is in FLA ;), my folks have a winter condo in Naples. What would be my best bet as far as DZs go? If I go down to visit, I'd like to get some jumps in and maybe strap my Dad to a tandem. ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

The Origional Skydive America (whatever that means) is pretty close to Naples, I think.
There's an airport 5 mins north of me in Pompano Beach I'd love to steal some Cessna hours from and use as a DZ for the locals during the week, but it's in the middle of urban sprawl and most DZs seem to be remote as hell.
I know everyone is into these twin otter mega-machines, AC'd hangers, local Gods to drool over, etc... but I'd kill for a little Cessna to take me to altitude that was only a few mins from home.
I miss my old Indiana DZ that was a single engine plane, a small hanger, and 50 yards of grass to take off and land on. It was a 20 min drive from home. And the really sad thing is that that's the ONLY thing I miss from Indiana.