wildcard451

A sad, whining moment

I was just having a conversation with a friend and this hit me.

We were talking about losing friends in this sport, and it struck me that I have a hard time remembering all my friends that have died in the last 10 years - as in I would do the list, then realize that I forgot about someone.

I'm not sure if that angers me more or saddens me more.

/not including the people that I don't know that I have had to work on in the field. :S

I've had the same issue a few times. I remember all the funerals I went to and the ash dives I have been on but when we start adding in all the people I have shared beers with at boogies or events that are no longer here I lose some of their names until I suddenly remember some detail about it.

I hate doing the fatality list on here since after putting in well over 500 entries they all start to blend together unless its something major that sticks out. [:/]

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I was just having a conversation with a friend and this hit me.

We were talking about losing friends in this sport, and it struck me that I have a hard time remembering all my friends that have died in the last 10 years - as in I would do the list, then realize that I forgot about someone.

I'm not sure if that angers me more or saddens me more.

/not including the people that I don't know that I have had to work on in the field. :S

I've lost lots of friends.
Due to skydiving, motorcycle accidents, car accidents, illness, murder, suicide.

The reason skydiving deaths are hard is because those people are generally a LOT closer to me. there's a different bond between myself and SOME of my skydiving friends.

It ALSO makes me reflect on my own mortality. If it can happen to someone with 10,000 jumps why would I think I am safe?
I don't. I just try to be as safe as I can and hope to die a VERY HEALTHY but VERY HAPPY and VERY OLD man. SO far, so good.
I miss the friends that I lost...if I can remember them all.
My photos

My Videos

I can't even remember everybody that I knew that have died...

But just from memory:

Sandy Wambach (impacted me the most)
Mark Cooper (ditto)
John Foster
Jan Davis (there were two of them, this is the one who died in the camera/reserve/main entanglement)
Skinnyshrek (last name Gerrard)
Chris Martin (Tullahoma TN DZO)
Beezy Shaw
Pete Certain (Idaho bridge base fatality)

There are at least that many more whose names I can't recall right now that I knew. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban