lazerq3

Spoucel Support

HEy thank you all for your helpful advice. I think the best advice for me to go by is not to let skydiving take over my family life and to make sure to divide my time equally between my two lifestyles. I,ve already got her to watch BREAKAWAY ( the mal video not the movie) with me and shes ask questiones about my book THE SKYDIVERS HANDBOOK and shes even expressed interst in doing a wind tunnel (closest one 6hrs in vegas)SO who knows hopefully after a while when I,m well into the sport coming home on a weekend with the smell of beer permiating the room she'll want to join in :)
I guess she also thought for some reason that skydivers were single so when she reads through these posts she'll see shes not alone and IFLYME if that doesnt work I"LL DUMP HER.. just kidding!!!!! thanx
jason

Hi there,
I think you're ALL missing the important point here guys (& gals). While it's important to get the spouse to accept what you do, we don't want a convert. If there's one thing worse than having a skydiver in the family... it's having multiple skydivers in the family! First it's a recipe for financial disaster, second there can be MAJOR arguments about who's going to watch the kids while the other skydives, etc...
Comments... Merrick... Pammi?
Mike D10270.

Personally some of the jumps I remember most involved me and my boyfriend now doing nothing but falling flat kissing! Maybe it's cuz we aren't married, but the financial thing was never a big deal. And in my case the kid is mine, not his, and our dz was very cool about "unattended" kids - they were usually put to work somehow - so babysitting was never an issue either.
My biggest question is how am I gonna afford having a SON who skydives? ;)
pull and flare,
lisa