sartre

Hey quick question about Felix' jump

A quote from basic training grenade day:

Remember, these grenades have a 5 second fuse, made by the lowest bidder. Good luck.

:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi 83,

Interestingly, I was just on the phone with Kelly discussing some other stuff.

He told me that they actually built two complete rigs. One for backup I would guess.

Now for rumor control ( or all out BS as it also known ): Quite some time ago I 'heard' that another parachute mfr wanted ~$50K to build each of the two rigs. I 'heard' that Kelly's pricing was less.

When you go on a world record skydive & plan/hope to break the speed of sound, you go with the rig that is the cheapest.

:S

Just havin' fun, Kelly. :P

JerryBaumchen

And here I was going to go with "nepotism," but I like your response better. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Kelly said that both cut away cables are rigged with stops on them so neither handle can be pulled. Then, when you open either canopy, a pyro cutter cuts the stops off the cutaway cables for which ever parachute was opened and also disables the pyro cutters on the remaining closed parachute. Slick, huh? B|

wow just fucking wow. one thing I was wondering about felix was. with what ? 25000 jumps. what did he do "most" of them in. all the jumpers I know have a type of jump that they have done "most" of their jumps in. be it free fly. camera, swoop,. formations. big way stuff or a team. tandem's maybe? just wondering. I only knew felix before the stratos project from some of his more high profile base jumps
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .