skydiverbry

Hernia Repair

Don't know if this is relevant to your situation or not, but there is a huge problem with the mesh they use for hysterectomies. Causes all sorts of pain, and other issues. Could it be the same mesh? Might be worth asking about.

From what I've read of the topic, the problem is using a method developed for one problem (hernia repair), on a different issue (hysterectomies), without proper evaluation.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Joining this thread pretty late, but here's my experience:

Had the surgery and left the hospital a few hours later. Next 2 days my abdominal muscles were essentially useless. Day after that I played 9 holes of golf, and after a total of 7 days I started showing back up to hockey practice. I occasionally feel "tightness" there when moving in odd ways that stretch it, but never ever any legit pain.

Age at the time of surgery was ~23.
cavete terrae.

Well (knock on wood) I think my surgery went well. It's been 12 days now and I'm feeling no real pain. I was able to sit on the floor and put my shoes on this morning and I can walk up and down stairs.

Sorry you had a bad outcome, skdyverbry. :( I have a friend who had complications as well.

Streetscooby: Just make sure your surgeon/urologist has plenty of experience doing these procedures. Mine came well-recommended.

Blue Skies!

Streetscooby: Just make sure your surgeon/urologist has plenty of experience doing these procedures. Mine came well-recommended.

Thanks. This surgeon is well recommended, and inspires a lot of confidence in me. But, based upon this thread, I'm going to have this conversation with him.
We are all engines of karma

Well, here I am 1 year later and still in pain.

I had my procedure yesterday. Specifically mentioned this issue to my surgeon. This is scar tissue related. You just have to work through it. He told me, once I'm through the recovery period, if I get a sharp pain, do that movement again, as it's breaking up the scar tissue. Per chance, is this the second procedure you've had?

BTW, I'm very fortunate as this surgeon came highly recommended. I was putting my own socks and shoes on as I left the hospital. Pain is not bad at all, even though procedure was yesterday.
We are all engines of karma

I'm at home recupeerating on a perm basis, with some back issues, so I have some free time to kill so to speak I had a lap bi lateral repair with issues...Pm if you want to talk at some point in the future...
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."