airdvr

End of the SmartPhone era?

The End Of The Smartphone Era Is Coming

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-end-of-the-smartphone-era-is-coming-2012-11#ixzz2DM7SXZfB

First they were in big rooms, then they sat on desktops, then they sat on our laps, and now they're in our palms. Next they'll be on our faces.
(Eventually they'll be in our brains.)

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

By the way, you can bet that if Microsoft and Google are working on computerized glasses, so is Apple and Jony Ive.

In the mid-1980s, the US announced it was working on a program called Star Wars. It was supposed to make the US invulnerable to ICMB attacks by The Soviet Union.

It was by and large a bluff designed to get the Soviet Union to waste funds on research rather than practical devices. While a Star Wars system might be possible today, it definitely was not at that time.

I would not discount the same strategy here. Say your company is working on a device and get your competitors to spend R&D on things you have no intention on bringing to market because they simply aren't practical for another couple of decades. Meanwhile, clean up on the things that are copyable based on their previous innovations.

Much the same can be said of the US space program the Kennedy's statement about landing a man on the Moon before the end of the '60s.

Only time will tell, but I think practical glasses are at least a decade away if not further.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Only time will tell, but I think practical glasses are at least a decade away if not further.

Meh;
Glasses are so last year;
I'm looking forward to a HUD in my contact lenses.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Meh;
Glasses are so last year;
I'm looking forward to a HUD in my contact lenses.:D

And me, a functional eye implant with recording capabilities. :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon