Nataly

What's it like to be a foreigner?

Thanks for the info the series makes a little more sense now, To bad the brit accentis are hard to follow.

Pssssst... we don't all talk like that. ;)

Hi Mike

I'm guessing that everyone doesn't live in a big house either.:D

Great show:)
One Jump Wonder

Thanks for the info the series makes a little more sense now, To bad the brit accentis are hard to follow.

Well there are more who speak like Daisy and Mrs Patmore or even worse than those who are as well spoken as the Crawleys.

Well there are more who speak like Daisy and Mrs Patmore or even worse than those who are as well spoken as the Crawleys.

Hi AJ;)

Daisy and Mrs Patmore work downstairs and don't really count;) The properl Brits upstairs have their own issues;)

In the US we have our own dialects The women from the south sound sexy, the women from the New york area are a immediate turn off. Even over the telephone:D

When the beetles first hit the states (especially ringo) They had out standing accent.:)
I'm sure your to young to remember that stuff:):ph34r:

Have a happy

They come here, and expect us to accommodate them by knowing their language and get pissed off when we can't understand them!

Where have you experienced that? There's a lot of foreigners who visit here in Central FL and I've never had anyone get pissed at me because I couldn't understand them. In addition, in the 3 European countries I've traveled to where they speak a different language (France, Germany and Spain) everyone was patient with communication difficulties.

Seen it here in Nashville more than once. Mostly Mexicans, but I've seen some of the ones with the dots on their foreheads get pissed before, and I was in Home Depot one day and saw one of them blue men get pissed! I don't know what country they are from, but they are so black that they look blue and always win the Nashville Marathon runs!! (Trying to be non offensive and politically correct)

It must be pretty good to be a foreigner in America! They come here, and expect us to accommodate them by knowing their language and get pissed off when we can't understand them! Bet they won't learn English in their country to accommodate us!!!! [:/]

Careful dude your bigotry is showing, you might wanna tuck that back in .:|

Well, I thought about that, but no bigotry here! I didn't use any descriptive words to describe any ethnic group.

Ok, Maybe in the reply to Skymama's post, but I still tried to stay within the legal limits. :)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Reading this thread about the way the brits use the english language is so true. :)

Season three starts in Jan can hardly wait.:)

It takes some getting used to, but it is delightfully playful and full of humour - I *love* this about the English :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss