JerryBaumchen

Could be bad news for jumpers

Hi John,

I had a '69 camper version; drove it all over the west coast.

Also, rebuilt the engine 4 times. Got so I could do it pretty fast. Even built a floor-mounted engine stand to speed things up.

:S

JerryBaumchen

I had a 67split window camper that I drove all thru college. It went on field trips from Vancouver BC to St Johns Newfieland...then a little side trip over to France :)( Saint-Pierre and Miquelon) and from Inuvik NWT in the Mackenzie Delta to Panama City, Panama with a stop for an engine transplant outside Mexico City.

Good Times:)

I didn't even know they were still in production.

Have no fear: these things have such a cult following that parts and expertise will be available online FOREVER. It's the same with older Jeeps. Even though they've been out of production for thirty years, you can still build a Jeep CJ from the ground up from parts ordered online.

Elvisio "hope my TJ holds out long, but not likely" Rodriguez

Not much more fun than driving one in cross winds, with semi's going by you. Knowing your knees were the first point of contact in an accident.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Yeah, I always kind of wanted one, but knowing that the "Crush Zone" was me was a deal breaker.
And most of the sixties era vans were the same. Ironically, so was the eighties Toyota van.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo