TitaniumLegs

Paul Megison - Vibes

Paul Megison was in a car accident sometime after midnight Wednesday night/Thursday morning. He was found 1-2 hours later and airlifted to SJ Medical Center. He is currently in ICU with broken ribs, broken jaw, fractured c-spine and multiple cuts. The c-spine doesn't seem to be that bad and didn't damage the spinal cord. His lungs had been collapsed, so he is now on a ventilator. He was also on a brain monitor, which showed good brain activity. His vision appears to be good. He has made some hand movements. He remains under heavy sedation.

Since he is in ICU, visitors are limited to family at this time.

Prognosis looks good for full recovery.

Please keep him in your prayers and send good vibes.

Please pass it on to all of Paul's friends not already on the list. Anybody who wants to be added to the distribution directly, please PM me.

I'll send updates as I get them, including more info on visiting and where to send cards, etc.

I'm getting tired of this stuff happening, but at least we're going to win this one.

Peter

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

Update:
I saw Paul yesterday afternoon. He's still out, but they're reducing the sedatives. He reacts to some stimuli, like when they suctioned his lungs (routine), he spasmed a bit and kicked his legs. Jenny and others also saw some eye movement. His vitals are all good. They were slowing the ventilator a bit. SpO2 is around 99%. He's had a couple units of blood. In addition to the injuries I listed, he also has some damage to the left orbit (bone structure around the eye), and the back of his head.

Jenny just called and the nurse told her that he moved his hand towards his trachea, so the had to up his sedatives a bit to make him behave. Good sign, though.

Visitors are limited to those on the access list (mainly family), partly because they know skydivers all have a bazillion friends, and partly because there was a big driveby shooting in SJ today and 7 people got hit and there are 2 "John Does" in ICU. Security is pretty tight so hold off on visits and flowers for now.

Vibes are always welcome...

Bluer skies

Peter

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

I'm glad it looks like he'll make a full recovery... i'm getting tired of losing old friends from smb.

Paully, get better soon! our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Peter, thanks for keeping the rest of the hollister and smb peoples in the know. you're a good friend to have.

-Rob (and Sarema) Wooldridge

Scott what's up stranger;) Been a looong time.

Paul has been doing well. Aside from massive medical bills his recovery is coming along. He's up and walking and doin PT and what not. I have not seen him much and there are others here who might have seen him more recently but he's home. Send me a private message so we can exchange phone #'s.

Cheers,
Seb

Paul is doing fantastic! I talk to him quite a bit. He sounds wonderful, recoving quickly, and looks amazing for how much he's gone through.
The guy truly is a walking miricle! :)

That's great. Tell Paul that I'm still thinking about him.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125