collier1234

Skydiving Girlfriend/wife

For all those skydivers out there that has a skydiving girlfriend or wife how much better is it then having one that doesnt skydive? there is a couple at my DZ that touch foreheads and kiss everytime they are about to jump out and it seems like the bond they share while jumping is way better then anything else. Whats your opinions?

collier1234

For all those skydivers out there that has a skydiving girlfriend or wife how much better is it then having one that doesnt skydive? there is a couple at my DZ that touch foreheads and kiss everytime they are about to jump out and it seems like the bond they share while jumping is way better then anything else. Whats your opinions?

Most important thing is that if you've got a skydiving girlfriend she doesn't meet your wife:ph34r: there's been a couple of fatalities due to thisB|
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I have neither girlfriend nor wife (sorry, guys). ;)However, I do find wuffo men are much less likely to date a skydive chick. It doesn't matter how much I say their lack of desire to skydive doesn't matter. Seems a fragile ego will step in and take charge if it's already in residence! [:/]

ETA -- however, not to hijack the thread so early: I have seen a lot of people whose S/Os are not involved in the sport, but drop by the DZ on occasion. Most of those relationships are still quite healthy. Sometimes it's about each person respecting the others' hobbies, and perhaps the lack of desire to participate in said hobby as well.

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

My lady is finishing off her master's degree... which means she has no money for things like skydiving at the moment. But she has told me sha has always wanted to try it, and she has been down tot he DZ twice with me now, and is getting more and more excited about it! So once she has that degree finished, one of the first things she will do is dive into the big blue sky. Perhaps by then my skill will be enough that I can precede her first tandem and maybe video it! Who knows.. a bit down the road. All I know is that sky is something I would really, really like to share with her.
That said, I have told her.. and I mean it sincerely... I do not want her to feel pressured into it by me. She wants to do a first jump, and if she likes it, she will continue. But if it does not catch her fancy, I would never ever pressure her into doing something that is inherently dangerous like skydiving.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

my girl and I have been dating for about 8 months, we both skydive, wingsuit, and base jump together. it is an amazing relationship! I am closer to her that I have been with any previous gf, there is never a dull moment. one of the coolest feelings in the world is to take a dock with your girl in a wingsuit, keep it flying for a min or two just holding hands. then go lay down a sick line on a puffy, to be greeted with a kiss upon landing. it also helps when we go to scope base obj's. if someone walks up, you can just start kissing and make then feel all akward! they usually just turn around all shylike and walk away. btw girls that skydive are way cooler than whuffos
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I can't comment on having a skydiving girlfriend/wife, but I can comment on being one. :D:D

We both started about the same time, met a few months later after we'd both gotten our A licenses and have been dating ever since. We very rarely jump together as we've both gotten totally passionate about different disciplines. So the kissing in the plane (if at all) tends to be an air kiss thrown from the RW end of the plane (near the door) to the wingsuit end (near the pilot).:D

It makes spending time together a hell of a lot easier because even if we're not jumping together that day, we often go to the DZ together. Our vacation time is generally spent on jumping trips, which we'll most often do together as well.

Plus, we both understand the sport and the crazies we meet in it. We're also both part of the culture, so it doesn't create that insider/outsider vibe that can sometimes happen if one half of the couple is in the sport and the other half isn't.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

TriGirl

I have neither girlfriend nor wife (sorry, guys). [;)

That would be hot if you did, though ;)

However, I do find wuffo men are much less likely to date a skydive chick. It doesn't matter how much I say their lack of desire to skydive doesn't matter. Seems a fragile ego will step in and take charge if it's already in residence! [:/]

Guys don't want to date a chick with bigger balls then they have.

Never had a skydiving girlfriend, although my last one did make two tandems and would come and hang out at the DZ now and then.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"