Avikus

PS4 Release Date

The console will be available in the United States on November 15, 2013.

The PlayStation 4 will be available in Europe starting on November 29, 2013, and will launch in 32 countries
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

Just gaming on my PC this iteration. Sony's alienated me with their sins of the past, the new Xbox does not sound like a console I'd care to own and my PC's more than up to the task at hand. Though I think I've put more hours on Dwarf Fortress lately (Even with all its game-killing bugs) than all my steam games combined.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I mainly game on my PC, so that will still be the case next gen. Out of the 2 consoles I'll be picking up a PS4 for sure. Not sure if at launch just yet, but eventually yes. I have a hard time ignoring games that are made by Naughty Dog, Santa Monica etc... As long as studios like that are with Sony I'll always be interested in a Playstation. Things like Halo, Gears, Forza etc... don't interest me. FPS games on consoles also don't do it for me as I play them all on my PC.

On that note, the current launch lineup for both consoles looks pretty lame.

Kinda disagree with the PC being cheaper ... You get a console for 399$ (ps4 price) and keep that console for 6 to 8 years (if you take care of it).

Inside 6 to 8 yrs, how many upgrade or just plain new PC are you doing? Last time I got a gaming PC it cost me almost 2000$. Add 150-300$ a year for upgrades... that's 3575$ for almost 8 yrs of gaming on PC.

And for the choice between XBone and PS4 I will choose PS4 this time around (tho my last sony console was PS2) because I don't want Kinect, nor a TV box and I feel like PS4 is more about gamers and I feel like I missed on a lot of games on PS3. I barely played any exclusives on 360 so most of my game (and probably still be the case this next gen) will be game available on both console so it's pretty much a matter of price and services offer by Sony.

Avikus

Kinda disagree with the PC being cheaper ... You get a console for 399$ (ps4 price) and keep that console for 6 to 8 years (if you take care of it).

Inside 6 to 8 yrs, how many upgrade or just plain new PC are you doing? Last time I got a gaming PC it cost me almost 2000$. Add 150-300$ a year for upgrades... that's 3575$ for almost 8 yrs of gaming on PC.

Eh it kinda depends. You don't HAVE to upgrade your PC yearly, some choose to. You can always run at lower settings (and get the console experience, lol).

I have to keep mine upgraded for my job, so it's moot for me. ;)

That's all irrelevant though because I just fucking hate playing most games on a console.
cavete terrae.

grue

That's all irrelevant though because I just fucking hate playing most games on a console.

Yeah used to be the same then I started jumping and realize I don't have that much time (nor money) to invest in PC gaming so console is just ... easier

I personally like Sony - been using VAIO laptops for years, PS3, Sony video cameras, Sony digital cameras. They suck at a lot of things, but are good at a lot of things. I'll be buying a PS4, but not this year. It'll take a few months to get the most significant bugs out. After that, there will be updates, but I can live with updates. Probably early next year, I'll get a PS4 ...
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

i've got a ps4 on pre-order; i've had every ps since they were first released.. so i'll just stick with that. besides, i dont think microsft should get more money from me than absolutely necessary! ;)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Avikus

And for the choice between XBone and PS4 I will choose PS4 this time around (tho my last sony console was PS2) because I don't want Kinect, nor a TV box and I feel like PS4 is more about gamers and I feel like I missed on a lot of games on PS3. I barely played any exclusives on 360 so most of my game (and probably still be the case this next gen) will be game available on both console so it's pretty much a matter of price and services offer by Sony.

Cant create mods on a console :) PC gaming rigs can be quite expensive if you really want to throw money at it, but there's no reason (other than you want to) to blow 2k right out the gate. You can build good rigs for under 1k quite easily, especially if you've already got a monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS, etc. Not saying that consoles don't have their market and role, but IMHO, PC gaming is always where's its at for me.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

devildog

Cant create mods on a console :) PC gaming rigs can be quite expensive if you really want to throw money at it, but there's no reason (other than you want to) to blow 2k right out the gate. You can build good rigs for under 1k quite easily, especially if you've already got a monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS, etc. Not saying that consoles don't have their market and role, but IMHO, PC gaming is always where's its at for me.

YOU ARE WRONG! J/k! To each their own! ;)