TravisR

Priorities suck sometimes

Don't you hate it when your main form of transportation blows up and costs so much money that you can't skydive? Or in my case start AFF like I had hoped...

I have to be among people who have been in these predicaments, right? It sure is depressing.

Come on, let's hear how you got through it!

TravisR

Don't you hate it when your main form of transportation blows up and costs so much money that you can't skydive? Or in my case start AFF like I had hoped...

I have to be among people who have been in these predicaments, right? It sure is depressing.

Around here, we roll up our sleeves and fix it ourselves. If we can't do it, we have friends who will come over and roll up their sleeves to help us get it fixed. We take out a second job to make the duration of achieving our goals shorter. We do not sit around on the Internet whining about getting depressed. Now, get off your ass and get it done.

Tuff Love, Big.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

One summer a few years ago, I was looking forward to the paid, one week shutdown my company had for the 4th of July.:)
The week started with the rear axle failing on my Jeep, resulting in a $2500 repair.>:(
I spent the week driving a Ford Focus rental car.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

TravisR

Credit cards.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

BIGUN

***Don't you hate it when your main form of transportation blows up and costs so much money that you can't skydive? Or in my case start AFF like I had hoped...

Around here, we roll up our sleeves and fix it ourselves. If we can't do it, we have friends who will come over and roll up their sleeves to help us get it fixed. We take out a second job to make the duration of achieving our goals shorter. We do not sit around on the Internet whining about getting depressed. Now, get off your ass and get it done.

Tuff Love, Big.

Very true.

To the OP, join a forum to your cars maker. There's usually sub forums to your specific car within those forums and DIYs to fix whatever the problem is. Post your car problem(s) there and see what can be done by yourself. Some local forum members don't mind (such as myself) to come over to a strangers house to help out to get someone on the road again.

Do it yourself, you gain experience to help your friends and family too. Most likely if you do the repairs correctly and use the proper torque specs/replace one time use stretch bolts, etc., you'll do a better job than a mechanic that uses an impact gun and over torques. The price of new parts and new or specialty tools is usually cheaper than having someone else do the work. Autozone and similar places have loaner tools if you don't want to buy them outright.

I learned about cars when I first started driving because I was poor. Have my 2005 VW since new and it's never broke down or saw a mechanic besides myself. I have a dependable car (my life line) that I know just about every nut and bolt inside and out and their torque specs by heart.

Educate yourself, spend a few dollars and save thousands in the process.

airdvr

***Don't you hate it when your main form of transportation blows up and costs so much money that you can't skydive? Or in my case start AFF like I had hoped...

Credit cards.

How Americans solve their problems [:/] which create more problems.

sub forums to your specific car within those forums and DIYs to fix whatever the problem is. Post your car problem(s) there and see what can be done by yourself. Some local forum members don't mind (such as myself) to come over to a strangers house to help out to get someone on the road again.

And, don't forget your "YouTube" friends. I've learned more about how to take care of my trucks and Harleys in five years than the previous 30 years of greasy manuals and trial & error. e.g.,http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4362198#4362198
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.