Mach1dmb

Debating on going to my 1st boogie

Idk if you'd call it a boogie, more of an event, but Jumpcation at Lake Wales next week. I'm trying to last minute plan now that I recently got the time off work. I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something. I was thinking about just winging it as I'd only be there for 3 days. Just not sure if its a wise choice. Worst case scenario I have money in case everything goes to shit, I'm just trying to get away without spending a lot. Idk..part of me really wants to go as this is the only chance at a vacation I'd have, but I don't want to be there and feel uncomfortable and regretting I came.

Anyone ever do something similar?

Mach1dmb

I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something.

Frequent flier miles for the tickets? Often very low rates for last minute travel.

Ride back to the airport? Heck, you'll have 3 days to make that arrangement. Should be at least a couple of boogiers that are heading to the airport on the last day.

Sleeping arrangements? Well, are you male or female? :D:D Have you checked into bunkhouse accommodations?

JohnMitchell

*** I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something.

Frequent flier miles for the tickets? Often very low rates for last minute travel.

Ride back to the airport? Heck, you'll have 3 days to make that arrangement. Should be at least a couple of boogiers that are heading to the airport on the last day.

Sleeping arrangements? Well, are you male or female? :D:D Have you checked into bunkhouse accommodations?

One is MUCH more likely to find ready beds than the other . . . My bet is that the OP is not the one of the female persuasion.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JohnMitchell

*** I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something.

I've been doing some serious mental debating. The prices just went down significantly so I thought Id just go for it, but when I tried to buy them it expired. I will keep trying. Problem is it's not the last day, I'm leaving in the middle of the week.

I'm male lol if I was female Id probably just show up at the airport with my rig.

Mach1dmb

I'm male lol if I was female Id probably just show up at the airport with my rig.

See - Who was right - Say IT say IT!:D:D:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Mach1dmb

****** I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something.

I've been doing some serious mental debating. The prices just went down significantly so I thought Id just go for it, but when I tried to buy them it expired. I will keep trying. Problem is it's not the last day, I'm leaving in the middle of the week.

I hope you don't think all female skydivers get along with just the fact they have a vagina, boobies and think they behold magical powers over men. Most of us are responsible human beings, buying our own plane tickets, hotel accommodations, rental cars, jump tickets, instruction, etc. and don't take anything for "free".

:|
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

********* I'd definitely be overpaying for plane tickets, and I don't have any means of transportation back to the airport to go home as of now (I found a ride there). I don't even know where I would sleep..I was hoping to maybe find someone who needs an extra to split a room or something.

I hope you don't think all female skydivers get along with just the fact they have a vagina, boobies and think they behold magical powers over men. Blah blah blah blah

Yes. Pics please.

LuckyMcSwervy

I hope you don't think all female skydivers get along with just the fact they have a vagina, boobies and think they behold magical powers over men. Most of us are responsible human beings, buying our own plane tickets, hotel accommodations, rental cars, jump tickets, instruction, etc. and don't take anything for "free".

No no, it was just a joke. But I do on occasion hear of scenarios where females have an advantage over men in this sport. Miniscule things though.

Anyway I booked my flight. I found a ride 1 way, I just have to stall 7 hours in the airport.

Mach1dmb

No no, it was just a joke. But I do on occasion hear of scenarios where females have an advantage over men in this sport. Miniscule things though.

Anyway I booked my flight. I found a ride 1 way, I just have to stall 7 hours in the airport.

:)
B|

LuckyMcSwervy

B|

Besides, she would need to be a skydiver to be offended by that. :P

CSpenceFLY

B|

Besides, she would need to be a skydiver to be offended by that. :P

Ha. Ha. :|

Mach1dmb

There are ALWAYS bars in the airport.

We want selfies . . . one foir each drink . . . think how many beers we can take off the wall.:D

turtlespeed

We want selfies . . . one foir each drink . . . think how many beers we can take off the wall.:D

Haha that was my original plan, to see how much I could drink in 7 hours. But I ended up finding a car rental place that wasn't so expensive with the underage fee and I booked it. So now I am thinking about going to Deland for some jumps the first day, then to Lake Wales. Also may check out Sebastian one day. I can now sleep in ym car or find a walmart and grab a tent!

Mach1dmb

Haha that was my original plan, to see how much I could drink in 7 hours. But I ended up finding a car rental place that wasn't so expensive with the underage fee and I booked it. So now I am thinking about going to Deland for some jumps the first day, then to Lake Wales. Also may check out Sebastian one day. I can now sleep in ym car or find a walmart and grab a tent!

Cool.

I've been to both DZz.

Both are awesome.

You might want to try to finagle some tunnel time in Orlando too.

Sebastian is Beautiful.