airdvr

I'm gettin' old

JohnMitchell

***At breakfast this morning my daughter was talking about a concert where everyone was on 'Molly'.

Ugh, was your daughter not on it? If you're still hearing about this kind of thing, maybe the lines of communication are still open and your kid's doing alright. :)
18yo...senior...good kid as far as we can tell. I 'd know from past experience if she was doing anything...at least I hope I would.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

At breakfast this morning my daughter was talking about a concert where everyone was on 'Molly'.

OK, so before my doctoring days I used to throw raves and work in nightclubs as a DJ. Back then you had press-pills of ecstasy (MDMA) and capsules. I "knew" a few illicit pharmaceutical sales reps and basically what they would do is if a bad batch of pills went around (say, really weak, mixed with DXM, MDA, or other drugs like amphetamines / ephedrine) they would have a hard time moving them because "Oh the 'yellow TT's are weak" would come up. (pills were branded by colour and usually an emblem, though there were always knockoffs and bad batches). So, to still move garbage product they used to crush the pills back to powder, add something to make it have an effect (I've seen caffeine, sedatives, DXM from cough syrup, ketamine, ephedrine, amphetamine, and dozens others including offshoot drugs MDA, 5-MeO-DiPT "foxy", MDEA, etc).
Ok, still following? So now they take the powder and put it in capsules and would sell it as "molly" which some genius came up with saying it was "molecular MDMA" meaning "pure". Molly was easier to market. Kind of like calling 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine "ecstasy" for short. Over time, the dance music community wasn't content with the "touchy feely" sensation from the 80's and 90's, they wanted something more akin to amphetamines and/or more hallucinogenic. Getting "messed up" was more important than the old community of people who did a little MDMA to enhance the experience. It became the culture to be "that guy" who was so messed up he nearly died; compared to doing everything possible to NOT be "that guy" which is what I saw in the 90's.

Anyhow, over time MDMA got on the DEA radar and the purity went from close to 100% in the 80's and 90's to highly adultered as we pushed through the 2000's. There are still batches of "good" pills but many MANY more batches of junk pills. But because of supply and demand its easy to see people cutting drugs to get more money out of people. Dealers are not exactly "ethical" types.

Check out the websute: http://www.ecstasydata.org and you can see everything from pills containing nothing but ecstasy to pills with junk like:

Methylphenidate
AMT
Methiopropamine
Caffeine
Phenethylamine

right? Seems legit.

Anyhow, also realize that I've known many a dealer in the past to submit ONE pure MDMA pill that they had to make the "brand" look good and then the rest are garbage. Dealers got smart to these sites.

Anyhow, we are all getting old, but these drugs have left the rave and hit the mainstream... and its a scary world.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

hcsvader

It's really hard to find good drugs these days >:(

That's never been more true than now. That, and all these street pharmacists trying to make them in their trailers... the quality suffers compared to a proper lab. Or plant derived drugs.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

DrDom

***It's really hard to find good drugs these days >:(

That's never been more true than now. That, and all these street pharmacists trying to make them in their trailers... the quality suffers compared to a proper lab. Or plant derived drugs.

I blame it on the demise of Gustavo Fring.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.