JBR

Which one do I choose?

Looking at coming over to the USA next month for a few days to get my jump numbers up, I'm pretty sure it's going yo be Perris or Elisnore but I'm stuck between the two. I'm a relatively new skydiver that's looking to have some fun, learn a bit from everyone and get lots of jumps done too! Your thoughts?

Both are awesome. Both have a slightly different vibe. The two cooperate with each other very nicely too and there's no US vs Them mentality so feel free to stay at one and visit the other too. A LOT of people do.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Depends what your confort level is at big DZ's. Perris is BIG , like regional boogie size big. Elsinore is big too but only big drop zone big. Both are very cool places and both will allow you as many jumps as your wallet will allow. The infrastructure at Perris is a bit better ( meaning there are more facilities ) than Elsinore, but Elsinore, due its overall smaller size might have more intamacy and a more relaxed vibe. Perris, on the other hand might be able to offer more of a variety of jump types. You won't go wrong at either one. Besides they're close enough to each other that an either/or choice is not needed.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Tink1717

You won't go wrong at either one. Besides they're close enough to each other that an either/or choice is not needed.

Very true. What type of jumping do you want to do, belly or freefly? Weekends are good for both at either DZ but I feel Perris has more belly flyers on weekdays. Excellent jumpers and jumping at either. I love 'em both. B|

JBR

My man aim is to belly fly I guess, but maybe learn a few new tricks too. I thnk I'll go for Perris, just need to put a few things in place this week and ill book my flight.
Thanks guys.

Book some tunnel time too... they can help with the new tricks department

It looks like this trip is going to happen, I'm aiming for 23rd May and doing 6 full days. I'm guessing I can get 7 jumps a day in at Perris without too much difficulty? We've got a tunnel over here, what we really need is a dz that's open 7 days a week and weather that doesn't change it's mind every 10 minutes! I'm looking forward to meeting a few of you guys maybe?!

When you get to Perris, make sure to jump with the load organizers. They are a great group and will teach you a lot. Then stick around with them on Saturday night as there is often a group dinner that's a lot of fun.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

JBR

Looking at coming over to the USA next month for a few days to get my jump numbers up, I'm pretty sure it's going yo be Perris or Elisnore but I'm stuck between the two. I'm a relatively new skydiver that's looking to have some fun, learn a bit from everyone and get lots of jumps done too! Your thoughts?

If you want to party and socialize go to 'Snore.
If you want to jump with organizers go to Perris.

GooniesKid

***Looking at coming over to the USA next month for a few days to get my jump numbers up, I'm pretty sure it's going yo be Perris or Elisnore but I'm stuck between the two. I'm a relatively new skydiver that's looking to have some fun, learn a bit from everyone and get lots of jumps done too! Your thoughts?

If you want to party and socialize go to 'Snore.
If you want to jump with organizers go to Perris.

Eh, I've always disliked that distinction. I have (at times) done some great well-organized jumps at Elsinore. I have (at times) had some great social nights at Perris. Yes, 'Snore does have the "epic parties" reputation, but that's primarily during their boogies; on an average weekend, the scene's about the same at both... there'll be people hanging out drinking after jumping, and maybe a dinner load.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

you're right..both are great places to jump.

I must give it to 'Snore on the huge party scenes on boogies though. Their parties are epic...don't remember much but i do remember bits and pieces like; laughing, skin, water, drinks, beer pong. [:/]

But if you really want a treat i'd put my money down on Eloy any day of the week