catfishhunter

True American Hero.

In this day and age of Sport superstars not wanting to be role Models, Patrick Tillman showed with is actions what a Role Model and True American is. Now he is given his life for his beliefs!

A True American Hero.

His family will be in my prayers!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4815441/

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Its sad that, for the most part, someone has to come home in a box to be branded a hero.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON in our armed forces is a hero.

Hear hear!!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

i agree and disagree, i am in the service but i am no hero, i havnt been deployed, those people over there in iraq and afganastn are heros. every one of them, God bless, and God speed brothers!!

Hooah!!
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

I wonder how he worked out time managment with his football career and military career. I figured something like that would conflict. Having to be 2 places at 1 time and all. Wow

Respect to him but I thought this was going to be about the budweiser commercials.

I wonder how he worked out time managment with his football career and military career. I figured something like that would conflict. Having to be 2 places at 1 time and all. Wow

He gave up a 3 million dollar contract to join the Army. He gave up football to enlist (No OCS for him, enlistment).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Its sad that, for the most part, someone has to come home in a box to be branded a hero.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON in our armed forces is a hero.

Agreed but while it takes a special person to Serve it takes an Extrordinary(sp) Person to pass up Millions of $$$$$$ and then refuse any sort of recognition or acclaim for acting on their beliefs. That is what makes him a Hero not coming home in a box.
He has been in the back of my mind since I first heard he had made his decision to become a Ranger. I was hoping to see him play again.:( He was one of the good guys who could flat out play!

"Freedom isn't FREE!"

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

i agree and disagree, i am in the service but i am no hero, i havnt been deployed, those people over there in iraq and afganastn are heros. every one of them, God bless, and God speed brothers!!

Similarly, I agree and disagree with your post above. The men and women that have been deployed and who are fighting not only for the freedom of the Iraqi people and to bring Al Qaeda to justice, are also fighting for their lives and the lives of the soldiers beside them. Yes, they are hereos.
But you, too, fit into that mold. You volunteered, knowing what you could face. That takes a certain type of character. That character is what heroes are made of. Don't slight yourself based on where you're stationed. To you and the rest of our volunteer armed forces, "thank you".
-C.

Hooah!!

Yes, you are a hero. You are in the military with one mission. That is to provide security for this nation. To be there to take the hit so the rest of us can lay our head down and sleep. You guy/gals are heroes to me and most of the people in this country.
Thank You!
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Athletes are called heroes all of the time by those in the press box.

But in terms of the true definition of the word, Pat Tillman was truly brave, truly noble, and most of all, a true American hero that kids and adults alike should look up to.

Taken from the newest article that has been added.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4816850/

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

My brother is currently serving with Tillman's unit over there in Afghanistan. If y'all get a chance, send a few vibes and say a few prayers for him and his fellow RANGERs as well - they could sure use some.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I came here to vent a little. I just watched his story on CNBC. If they are going to show his face then they should show the face of every soldier that has died over the past however many years. He is no different otherwise, he volunteered, he died and it's always a tragedy.

Either you're here to flame or you're just missing the boat, dock and ocean altogether. I'll enlighten you.

He's a sports star. Famous. A celebrity, so to speak. Of course his death is no tragic than all the others that have died. Don't be silly. His death is as important as all the others who have fallen in combat.

Why is he making headlines by name and not the others? Same reason Michael Jackson is making the front page and in the news. MJ is being indicted for charges thousands among thousands are being tried for. You don't see them making the front page of cnn.com, do you? You don't see them receiving a scrolling bar on the bottom of your tv while you're watching television announcing their indictment, do you?

There are a gajillion crimes committed that aren't made front page headlines. But if one of those crimes is committed by a celebrity/famous/movie star/sports star then you see it making front page news.

Of course Tillman's death is no more important than the others who have died for their country. No one is disputing that. I just assumed people understood basic concepts in this country...like how celebrities making headlines for the same things your everyday person wouldn't.

Forty-two

sorry, I don´t understand what you imply. please explain.
The real tragedy is as always death. I think he was a hero no matter how misguided his motive was. Going to the max for what one believes is the Hero characteristic. Although, murdering people for profit(oil etc) is just a notch above murdering people for pleasure in my book, it suks all the same. GW´s string pullers are the ones who killed him. Not the people trying to protect their homeland and family.
take care,
space