Amazon

Boeing......oooops

Amazon

We see them travelling on the BNSF line all the time... these fall down.... go scrunch.
http://www.king5.com/news/aerospace/Boeing-checking-fuselages-for-damage-in-Montana-derailment-266099441.html?c=n

Just a few scratches.... those will buff right out...well except of a couple of them.

Think one would make a cool RV like this???

They were just testing the new seaplane model.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"Boeing is deciding what to do with six new commercial airplane bodies that fell off a train in western Montana, including three that slid down a steep riverbank..."

So, why can't they just leave them there? They'd be a tourist attraction of sorts and in time, folks stealing parts to see on eBay would remove them "naturally" (gotta get that GREEN spin in there). ;)

:P

The RR loses cargo all the time.

I wonder how much insurance they carry. If the hollow tubes were insured by the lb, or self insured someone might be looking for a new job.

On a happy note more work for boeing employees in Ks USA.:)

One Jump Wonder

I am testing the Montana Rail Link right now. Word is that the curve straightened as the train entered it. Possibly loose spikes. I'll be up in that region in a few weeks.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Amazing amounts of energy involved in rail cars.The amount of weight and stored energy is hard to comprehend. Even the flat and box cars themselves are massive when empty.

I worked at a Naval base through college that used a government only railroad to move around munitions and such.

Saw the aftermath of a civilian railroad not properly engineering a load of 50+ empty flat cars. They stretched them all out, and then let them come crashing together. Threw the 50 ton cars 1000 of feet in every direction, looked like a game of pickup sticks with heavy steel! :o:D

Doesn't need to be loose spikes, or a curve at speed, you can derail them a 100 different ways!

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Yup, trains do not like to go around the curves.Centrifugal force wants to throw the train straight. Grinds the hell out of the gauge side on the top rail. Makes my life hell when testing through curves. Oh well, as long as they don't derail behind me, I'm happy.

In over 20 years of testing rail, I have never had a derailment behind me. I have had rails break in back of me. Happens to all rail testers. If ya never had a rail break behind ya, ya never tested rail (as the saying as gone since 1928.)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young