WaffleCrisp

Have I had too many accidents?

So I've always had quite an active lifestyle and things don´t always go as planned, some friends are starting to get a little worried because i've had 3 orthopedic surgeries and am only 22. I'd say these have been my main accidents:

-Stage 4 separated right shoulder with displacement of the sternoclavicular joint, surgery, took 6 months
-Broken right radius and ulna, had surgery and will need another in the future
-Broken right Tibia and fibula, surgery
-Left knee: osteoarthritis, ligament damage and torn capsule
-Torn ligament in left foot and
-Broken nose

What do you think, and how do you compare yourselves?
As soon as my leg heals I'm gonna be new and back into sports. Seriously, I have and will always strive to avoid these kind of things, but... shit happens.

I've got an active lifestyle. Have played many organized sports, do the danger sport thing, water and snow ski, etc., etc.

a few minor injuries, couple physical therapy sessions, no broken bones, but I'm 57

to compare I'd say that either my bones are stronger, I'm more talented, smarter or willing to have slightly less "fun" in exchange for living longer with less pain and greater mobility
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

A little more planning might reduce some of the need for healing. With no details about how the accidents happened, it's hard to say. You may also have weaker bones than some people. But you do have to live your own life.

I have a feeling that healing gets harder as you get older.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well...
Broken arm: I was 13 and a group of dogs chased me while hiking, had to jump a fence and the other side was much higher than I thought
Shoulder thing was a road cycling fall, still don´t know why the front tyre slipped
Knee thing was due to improper and intense training (cycling) plus a crash with a car (fault of both)
Foot: playing soccer and i'd say is a pretty common injury
The nose thing was kind of stupid and I recognize it because I hit the edge of a swimming pool
And broke my leg in a rough landing while skydiving, the jump was worth it tough

I busted myself up regularly when I was young. Then I met Jackie Stewart. He had never broken the skin on his body. I started to worry about all the damage I had done. Two months later he died. I don't worry anymore.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

I have had both my collar bones broken (different incidents)
Right wrist broken.
Left wrist broken/dislocated.
Left ankle, bone chip and surgery.
Two broken fingers.
Right shoulder dislocated (surgery for rotator cuff)
Several broken ribs.

All the above were from motorcycle road racing.
A very dangerous sport. On the plus side, they always had an ambulance at the track ready to go.

I quit racing 20 years ago and took up skydiving.
Skydiving has proven to be much safer.