theonlyski

Slow internet?

Here's the fix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG5cEik2ABY&feature=related

How to get a faster internet connection from your internet service provider. Should work for DSL, Dial up, fiber, and anything else. It's a pretty simple trick but if it doesn't work then don't bug me about it, since it doesn't work every time. And you don't have to cut the cable; so if you don't want to risk a few dollars don't cut it! I never said to anyway.

I'm going to get a box of Cat-5 and some electrical tape right now!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I tried to watch it but I couldn't understand enough of what he was saying. Did he just wrap a cat-5 wire around the end of the blue cable and tape it, and do the same thing at the other end? No splicing into the cable wires?

Dude, my internet speed sucks donkey balls. I definitely want to increase the speed without paying more.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Please tell me he doesn't really believe the BS he is spouting.:S

It would have been simpler to just do what some dufus did at TCI in the 90's. He wasn't happy that the offices had not yet been upgraded from 10Mb to 100Mb, so he brought in his own 10/100 mini-switch, plugged a 10Mb port into the wall-jack, and plugged his workstation into a 100Mb port, then proudly bragged about how much better his workstation performed.:S:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It would have been simpler to just do what some dufus did at TCI in the 90's. He wasn't happy that the offices had not yet been upgraded from 10Mb to 100Mb, so he brought in his own 10/100 mini-switch, plugged a 10Mb port into the wall-jack, and plugged his workstation into a 100Mb port, then proudly bragged about how much better his workstation performed.:S:D

Sounds legit.

The part I like the best is in the description he said it will work for fiber... Must be that new EMI sensitive fiber. :S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

]

Sounds legit.

The part I like the best is in the description he said it will work for fiber... Must be that new EMI sensitive fiber. :S

Oh, I though he meant if you were on a high fiber diet.

Except, if you're on a high fiber diet, it won't be the internet that will speed up. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

headoverheels

Damn, I hope that that is the "before" shot. I'm at 39.94 down, 32.20 up.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3653534901.png

That any better?

theonlyski

That any better?

Is Verizon doing native IPv6 yet?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

theonlyski

That any better?

That site is pretty much useless in my opinion. Most of the test servers are hosted by some dude in their garage. For instance I tested it with a server, located in the same city I live and I only got 64 Mbps download. However if I download from some content provider that can afford to have a proper servers I can get over 100 Mbps. Although you could of course always argue that its more realistic since most content isn't provided by proper companies with proper bandwidth to begin with.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

ryoder

That any better?

Dunno, I have the IPv6 stack disabled on my firewall.

theonlyski

That any better?

Dunno, I have the IPv6 stack disabled on my firewall.

Luddite:P
I've been running native IPv6 via Comcast for two years.
I was on DSL using HE's tunnel broker service for many years before that.

ryoder

Luddite:P
I've been running native IPv6 via Comcast for two years.
I was on DSL using HE's tunnel broker service for many years before that.

I'm not against IPv6, I'm just too lazy to care much about it. :P

I just flipped it on in my router but didn't get any prefixes DHCP. I probably at some point should register my own prefix but again, that's the whole me being lazy thing.