JohnMitchell

How was your weekend?

I "volunteered" at the BMW Championship. If you love golf, and you ever have the opportunity, I really recommend it. I got to chat with a lot of really cool people - Kutcher, Johnny Miller, Adam Scott to name a few - and be involved with something I really enjoy. Most of the golfers aren't dicks and are happy to shoot the breeze. Some are just dicks.

Tisket

I was stuck at work all day saturday and spent the first half of the shift playing musical fire stations. Managed to complete AFF 5 and 6 before getting stuck on a weather hold for incoming storms Sunday, and we ended the night with the same storms.

Now to wait for this week to drag on by so I can do a barrel roll, then get to pick what I want to do each jump for a little while (more flips! That was FUN!) ;)

Yeah! Flips and barrel rolls are the best! I always thought I had a nice tight little barrel roll in the sky, but have only recently found the courage to actually try it in the tunnel. Turns out I actually do have a nice tight barrel roll. I'll have to see if I can get a good one on video in my next session.

First thing I did on my first solo skydive was a ton of flips. I was also looking forward to my first high pull. Now I'm a high pull fiend and will execute one at every opportunity. There's nothing quite like pulling right out of the plane at Sunset and spending 10-15 minutes working your way down (Clear them with your manifest before attempting.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I'd been excitedly waiting for my flip and had a freaking blast when I finally got to do it. My instructor said I stayed relatively on-heading, but I'm totally gonna play around a bunch more once I finish AFF. At the very least, one of my instructors also fun-jumps as much as he can and I'll try to sweet-talk him into coming along a few times and playing in the air with me. AFF may be almost over, but I don't know if I really want to be all by myself just yet.:D

If you can't convince them, keep them confused.