lawrocket

Bárðarbunga

I've been watching the reports on this the last few days. At first it seemed like an overblown report of increased activity. Over the past couple of days, it's appeared to be anything but overblown.

It's one of the largest volcanoes in the world. I've read that it's put out more lava in the last 10k years than any other volcano on earth. And it's uder Iceland's largest ice sheet.

It'd be bad enough if it went with lava. But the concern is that is can also put out an ash cloud. And keep doing it for months.

The US seems to be out of range for the ash. What is the vibe like in Europe, though? It may effectively shut down air travel for months.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The threat appears to have been downgraded...
To me; that's like saying, "You're only going to get 6 feet of flooding instead of 12."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2014/08/24/icelands-bardarbunga-volcano-is-now-erupting-under-a-huge-glacier/
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Been dongraded for now. Was at red, then downgraded, then back to red and now downgraded again. There are debates about hether it actually erupted - they can tell under all that ice.

This is faacinating to me, and either way they are learning a lot.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

Been dongraded for now. Was at red, then downgraded, then back to red and now downgraded again. There are debates about hether it actually erupted - they can tell under all that ice.

I wonder who goes to jail for understating the threat if it goes off with a downgraded threat level?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Been dongraded for now. Was at red, then downgraded, then back to red and now downgraded again. There are debates about hether it actually erupted - they can tell under all that ice.

I wonder who goes to jail for understating the threat if it goes off with a downgraded threat level?

Nobody. Planes won't stop falling like rocks ASAP if it goes off so no real harm done if the estimated threat level is wrong.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.