WaynedeJager

Purchasing scam via PayPal

Hey all you guys selling gear! I posted a rig for sale and had a guy contact me wanting to purchase the rig. His name is Tyler Goshawk. Anyway, the deal went this way. He paid using Paypal but added an additional $850 for shipping. I would then need to pay the 850 to some due in Florida(shipping agent) to collect the rig. This is after my e-mail showed the PayPal payment. Only things was why so much?
Anyway, contacted Paypal and they informed me no such payment was pending or having been made. To cut a long story short, I would pay the 850 and he would cancel the PayPal payment and I would have lost the money! Careful dudes, there are assholes out there so beware for this guy and his scam!!!

A slight twist on an old story. Thanks for posting and glad you didn't bite on it.

Although I've sold a lot of gear on DZ.com directly to others with no problem, it's often recommended to use a local (to the receiver) dropzone or rigging loft as an escrow agent in these transactions. Many will do it for no to a small fee.

Hey, the name Tyler Goshawk? Does that ring a bell for anyone?

There's a Youtube video by Tyler Goshawk showing a jump at Edmonton. There's also this on Barrel Horse World

I've had two scam emails in the last few hours on my saddle for sale. Is anyone else getting these?? Tyler Goshawk--- I am Tyler by name,I want to purchase your saddle and I will like toknow if it's still up for sale and what is the final asking price,Iwill like to pay using PayPal,After payments has been made,I willarrange for the pick-up and will you let my courier agent to come toyou house for the pick up?Because i don't want you to worry yourselfabout the shipment,Kindly get back with more pictures.RegardsGrace Daniels was the name-- I'm very much interested in the item and i will appreciate if you canhold it on my behalf till Thursday ..i will make an arrangement for theshipping myself and the Mode of Payment will be made through a BankCashiers check due to security measures. To make a fair deal,you gonnareceive your money for the item before the shipment will be scheduleby me.. So if my terms and mode of payment is accepted by you i willwant you to get back to me with your full mailing information so thatthe payment for the item can be issued out to you first thing tomorrowmorning.I want you to forward me with your full name......address...... zip code...cell phone

Edited by Dash4KJ 2014-09-22 6:17 PM

There's no way the above was written by a native Canadian speaker, so I imagine the real Tyler has been unfairly maligned by someone from somewhere else (maybe Nigeria, since "Grace Daniels" is also called out in a 419 scam in a thread on another website)
by the way, barrel racers are the bomb
You don't have to outrun the bear.