airdvr

Closed McDonalds locations

JohnMitchell

McDonalds restaurants closing. Who woulda thunk it? Americans actually turning their backs on the Macs. :)

When I saw this thread, I thought maybe McDonalds' was lashing back at the protests demanding higher pay for employees.

Walmartians did the same thing recently in front of some of the Walmart stores. What happened? Walmart shut some of those stores down, without warning. They claimed plumbing issues. Well, there hasn't been any permits issued to deal with those. The article was published a few days ago.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi airdvr,

3 or 4 closed McDs around

Wall Street Journal did an article this last week about how McD's stock is going down, their sales are off, and they are trying to figure out how to turn things around.

A couple of nites ago the nat'l news said that now Americans spend more money going out to eat than on groceries; for the first time since this has been tracked.

But, apparently, these same Americans are looking for something other than the greasy spoon, fast-food places.

Did someone say Panera Bread?

:P

Jerry Baumchen

BillyVance

***McDonalds restaurants closing. Who woulda thunk it? Americans actually turning their backs on the Macs. :)

When I saw this thread, I thought maybe McDonalds' was lashing back at the protests demanding higher pay for employees.

Walmartians did the same thing recently in front of some of the Walmart stores. What happened? Walmart shut some of those stores down, without warning. They claimed plumbing issues. Well, there hasn't been any permits issued to deal with those. The article was published a few days ago.

That happened to the Wal-mart in Midland, Texas. Folks showed-up for work only to find the doors locked and a sign saying something about a plumbing problem.

Chuck

JerryBaumchen

A couple of nites ago the nat'l news said that now Americans spend more money going out to eat than on groceries; for the first time since this has been tracked.

This is something that drives me crazy. I can serve a steak dinner to half a dozen people for less than I can buy a mediocre dinner for two at most restaurants. I know people who can't get out of debt but think nothing of dining out 3-4 nights a week. :S