ryoder

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, OH SHIT!

quade

Um... Yeah... HAD to be the airplanes. No way it could have possibly been a high-school rival or next door neighbor with a catapult.

I am skeptical of that;
Can anyone verify it is even possible to dump the tanks in mid-air?
I can't think of any kind of emergency that would require that ability.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Um... Yeah... HAD to be the airplanes. No way it could have possibly been a high-school rival or next door neighbor with a catapult.

I am skeptical of that;
Can anyone verify it is even possible to dump the tanks in mid-air?
I can't think of any kind of emergency that would require that ability.

In my limited experience with airplanes, I have never heard of a way to dump the waste overboard while in flight.

Also, apparently the FAA has had to look into this enough to write a fact sheet about it. http://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsid=6659
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

JohnnyMarko

Pretty sure mythbusters debunked that pilots can control that. I think someone has to manually do it from the outside?

I believe the only want to access (dump) the crap, is via a manual valve that must be operated from under the aircraft, so unless superman was fucking with someone, I doubt it came from a jet liner.

Now, if we were talking about Gatoraid bottles falling from the sky full of a yellow-ish liquid, I'd believe that a bit more (not that I'd approve of it) :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There's a couple observations about Sweet 16 parties. Number one; you only get one in your lifetime and number two shouldn't be there.

:D:D i spilled my tea laughing. good one
'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave.'
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I have heard of non-avian crap falling from the skies in the past, when outlet valves leaked or were stuck or something. But it would normally be all mixed up with the blue toilet tank fluid. And if it unstuck after descending from high altitude it would be frozen.

Good old blue ice from the sky:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_ice_%28precipitation%29

>Can anyone verify it is even possible to dump the tanks in mid-air?

No, but they can leak. Most common way is for someone to dump trash in the toilet. They open the valve to dump it at the next airport, then close it - but the trash jams the valve a bit and allows a slow leak.

I think that something truly incredible must have just happened somewhere.

The phrase, "When pigs fly..."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?