JerryBaumchen

AIRLINE FOOD - A TRUE STORY?

Hi folks,

Airborne approximately thirty minutes on an outbound evening, Aer Lingus flight from Dublin, the lead flight attendant for the cabin crew in her lovely Irish brogue; nervously made the following painful announcement..:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up one minute prior to take-off by our airport catering service...I don't know how this has happened but we have 103 passengers on board and, unfortunately, only 40 dinner meals...

I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."

When passengers' muttering had died down, she continued.. , "Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat will receive free, unlimited drinks for the duration of our 5 hour flight."

Her next announcement came four hours; later...

"If anyone would like to change their minds, we still have 40 dinners available."

:P

Jerry Baumchen

Hmmm... probably not true. If only because they would have run out of drinks long before four hours. Drinks are heavy, they likely only carry what they are pretty sure they will need.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Hmmm... probably not true. If only because they would have run out of drinks long before four hours. Drinks are heavy, they likely only carry what they are pretty sure they will need.

On a trans-Atlantic flight coming back from the middle east on a commercial flight, the flight crew found out we were military (traveling in civilian clothing and apparently our tickets are what gave us away). Just after take off, I decided I'd get a Jack and Coke to wash down the Ambien. When I asked how much I owed her, she said that we were drinking for free for the duration of the flight, to the point that they stopped 'serving' us and just told us where the drinks were.

I had a hell of a flight, let me tell ya! :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message