BillyVance

Baby crow

Saturday morning while walking around my front yard, I found this baby bird stumbling around, eyes still shut. Couldn't have been more than a day or two old... Couldn't find any nests anywhere nearby, and I couldn't just leave it there defenseless.

Took it inside and googled to see what could be done. Some research of baby bird pictures seem to indicate that it's a crow. Figured out a feeding method and shoe box with towels and heat lamp, and it's survived since and doing pretty good. Feathers on its wings are now twice as long as they were when I found it.

After work, I'm taking it to the Wildlife Rehab center at Oak Mountain State Park and they'll take care of it.

Gonna miss the little fucker when I give it to them. Sure likes being cradled in my hand.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BIGUN

Well, if you gotta eat crow... a little crow is better than a lot. :o

Sautéed, or Frickaseed?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

headoverheels

******Well, if you gotta eat crow... a little crow is better than a lot. :o

Sautéed, or Frickaseed?

En Croquette.

Crow-Ka-Bab!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Dalai Lama

When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
--Buddha (563? - 483? B.C.)

May all that have life be delivered from suffering.
-- Buddha

The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.
-- Charles Darwin

Phil1111

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Dalai Lama

When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
--Buddha (563? - 483? B.C.)

May all that have life be delivered from suffering.
-- Buddha

The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.
-- Charles Darwin

Them's good eatin'
-- Mel, the cook on Alice

When I dropped the bird off, they came back and told me it is a baby tufted titmouse. I would never have guessed that. Looks nothing like one. Hopefully I'll get pics from them as it matures...

B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

When I dropped the bird off, they came back and told me it is a baby tufted titmouse. I would never have guessed that. Looks nothing like one. Hopefully I'll get pics from them as it matures...

That photo of it in your hand is so cute. :)
And here are photos that match the little guy! http://www.sialis.org/neststitmouse.htm Including one that could have been the source of the meme you created. :D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

***When I dropped the bird off, they came back and told me it is a baby tufted titmouse. I would never have guessed that. Looks nothing like one. Hopefully I'll get pics from them as it matures...

That photo of it in your hand is so cute. :)
And here are photos that match the little guy! http://www.sialis.org/neststitmouse.htm Including one that could have been the source of the meme you created. :D

They should all move out of North Carolina.:)
:o

:D

raftman

If it's a titmouse you should name it Nipples!

Maybe Nippleboy? After one infamous rec.skydiving and dz.com poster? :D

Asked for and got a pic of the little dude today. Holy shit.... I'm amazed at how much different it looks from 6 days ago when I dropped it off. B|

Latest pic from yesterday. I was told it had a new friend, another tufted titmouse. My bird is the one in the lower right corner. Though I could have sworn the bird in the upper left corner was some kind of owl.

They told me my bird should be ready to be released in a couple weeks. B|