BillyVance

RIP Gene Wilder

Went through the slideshow at the end of the article and didn't realize how many icons that I did not know had passed. May they all RIP and thank you for sharing your talent with the world.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

His work was not doo doo.

He was a genius. Not just as an actor, but as a writer as well.

His writing work on "Young Frankenstein" stands as one of the best satires of all time. Guy really knew his stuff and takes repeated viewing and knowing all the classic Frankenstein films to really appreciate it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

His work was not doo doo.

He was a genius. Not just as an actor, but as a writer as well.

His writing work on "Young Frankenstein" stands as one of the best satires of all time. Guy really knew his stuff and takes repeated viewing and knowing all the classic Frankenstein films to really appreciate it.

^This. Big time.

In addition to Young Frankenstein (it's pronounced "Fronkensteen"), his other work with Mel Brooks, Blazing Saddles, does the exact same thing to westerns. His portrayal of "Jim (the Waco Kid)" was a fairly small part of an awesome cast.

Some of his best work, though was with Richard Pryor (Blazing Saddles was written with Pryor in mind for the role of "Sheriff Bart").

Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and See No Evil, Hear No Evil put together one of the most amazing comedy teams of that era.
The scene where Pryor convinces Wilder to go "blackface" to sneak back onto the train is absolute perfection.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

BIGUN

Yeah, little bit. But with this crowd... B|

Where is the ubiquitous Keith Richards meme?

Put The Candle - BACK!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I heard Terry Gross on NPR this morning tell an amusing story:

She had once interviewed Wilder, and during the interview he was clowning around and gave her a faux kiss.

Some years later she was walking through an airport and saw Wilder striding rapidly through the lobby. She rushed over to him, matched his pace, and said to him:

"Mr Wilder, I know you don't remember me, but you kissed me once several years ago."

Without breaking stride, he exclaimed:

"You never call! You never write! What kind of relationship is this???"

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.