hcsvader

Vaders eastern states road trip

DanG

Man, you're avoiding Virginia like we got cooties. ;)

Well ... ;)

(Says the woman born & raised in Virginia)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just to clarify this is a skydiving and camping trip so were mostly looking to camp at DZs or national/state parks and stay with a few friends along the way.

I grew up in the Niagra region so we've done most of that area. looking at starting off in middletown ohio at start skydive for a few days as its a reasonable drive to get there.

Memphis is on the list because ya we plan on going to the hallowed boogie at Mullins dz.

Alt and Sebastion on are on the list as friends have offered us a place to crash for a couple days. We may skip florida all together depending on time as were pretty keen to check out New Orleans.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

flyhi

We may skip florida all together depending on time as were pretty keen to check out New Orleans.

What kind of shape is your liver in?

Vader,

I live in New Orleans currently. What would you like to experience? I would say it's a great place to visit once ;). I can help line up some stuff to do/see. I don't know of anywhere to camp, but I have a spare room with no furniture, with a private bath, if you two have no other options. I live on the North Shore of the lake, so it's about a 25-min drive to get downtown (I'm happy to shuttle as I go to and from work). As long as it isn't a weekend, I can help out. Shoot me a PM with at least a week advance notice if I can help.

Although, might I jump on with the rest here and suggest you stay to the east? I second the recommendation for Raeford. If you're on I-75 north of Atlanta, make a stop at Chattanooga, Tennessee. I can vector you to camping on the river a short hop to the west, and I highly recommend a tour of the first legal distillery in Tennessee since prohibition. Cute little place with excellent whiskeys. B|

T
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Sounds good,

We´re already behind schedule, haven't left Canada yet, we will be hitting the road tomorrow morning. We still have no idea where we will end up.

Will try to keep our movements updated on here and on FB @robvader

Cheers
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

Sounds good,

We´re already behind schedule, haven't left Canada yet, we will be hitting the road tomorrow morning. We still have no idea where we will end up.

Cheers

As long as you're not going into Florida, coastal Georgia and South Carolina through this weekend, you're good. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you still crossing at Detroit? Stay inland until it passes. If you want a nice drive, work your way to the east and go through Charleston WV and then south on I77 through Appalachia. That will keep you occupied till the storm passes. The weather is always great after the flood!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

hcsvader

Sounds good,

Cheers

Standing by! Not on FB, so I'll keep checking here. Have a safe trip!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!