atsaubrey

Racer rigs

I will never buy a second Racer.
NOT because bad performance or comfortable or rigging issues or AAD issues or pop top or service or reliability -
I will NOT buy one ever again because at the second you get it out of the pack- you are loosing at list 60% of what you paid.

In the U.S. it's a good idea to buy a rig from a regional manufacturer rather than buying one from the opposite coast if resale time and value are a concern.

racers are ugly!(in my opinion)
i own one and jumped it for 700 jumps i thought it was comfortable too. now i have a vector3 and that shits all over the raceer for comfort.
when i was in australia i was being charged up to $60 more to pack it.the pop top always comes loose after a few jumps and lines get snagged on it every time. if you ask someone who ownes a racer they will tell you they are great and if you ask someone who doesn't they will tell you they are not! just try a bit of everything. try out different harnesses and choose for yourself
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

the pop top always comes loose after a few jumps and lines get snagged on it every time.

Mine doesn't, I must have a good rigger:P
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

obviously your rigger does not know what he/she is doing - with racers. Looks are a personal thing - with some of the colours and tiedye people pick any rig can look ugly. all black always look good to me....power racer 2k3 is next for me, no rings, no stainless, pullout.

rm

obviously your rigger does not know what he/she is doing - with racers.

Harsh but probable. I've seen riggers who shape it like an "H" when it goes in the molar bag. That means there is a fair amount of fabric between the grommets and therefore under the poptop. You have to put on a hell of a lot of pull force to get that sucker seated! I've seen one at 50lbs+!
Also, the bulk will settle, and the more bulk under the PC, the looser it gets.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Harsh but probable. I've seen riggers who shape it like an "H" when it goes in the molar bag. That means there is a fair amount of fabric between the grommets and therefore under the poptop. You have to put on a hell of a lot of pull force to get that sucker seated! I've seen one at 50lbs+!
Also, the bulk will settle, and the more bulk under the PC, the looser it gets

exactly i think i would rather have a rig thet is easy to repack. and one that i won't get charged extra!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I think i would rather have a rig thet is easy to repack. and one that i won't get charged extra!

In a perfect world, all riggers would know how to do Racer's the easy way. In the real world, all rigs are not equally easy to pack.

I think there is much value in having a rig that is considered easy to pack.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I think Rigger Examiners should give candidates a test on a Power Racer with a cypress, that way if they can do a Racer they can do anything, also why should folks have to pay extra for the riggers lack of ability or training. In my home DZ not one rigger charges extra for a racer.
I love the things, have personally witnessed some dumb ass go behind the tree line (mind you in this part of Texas trees aren't that tall) still flat and come walking out with his reserve in hand probably 300 feet> I was for sure the dude bounced. They open quick, no flaps over your pilot chute...I like that
No way to rub your reserve pin against anythin in the airplane...I like that
No reserve flap doing it flap, flap, flap act during a sit... I like that
Type 13 webbing stronger more durable and actually fits the hardware...hmmm I like that
I charge more for javelins....ha ha ha

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

One layer of type 13. How is that stronger than any other fixed harness with 2 layars of webbing? Since hardware is rated at 2500 pounds, it's a moot point any way.

Many tests have been done and other reserve systems open in about the same amount of time.

I did a cutaway directly in front of a camera. The reserve was pulled after a 1 second delay. 2 additional seconds later, the reserve was completely open. So a total of 3 seconds including the delay is about 100 feet, if that. That's pretty good. (Sorry folks it's buried somewhere so I can't show you.(

All I'm saying is the flaps covering the reserve pilot chute doesn't hinder the launch of the pilot chute.

I'd like to see a simultaneous cutaway and reserve pull side by side with a power racer and my infinity. I bet it would be a tie.

DURABILITY and what the hardware was designed for, I've lost count on how many rigs I have had to had legstarps fixed because the thick sandwiched layers suffered damage from the friction adapters.

300 foot opening was not what I said, I said he was about 300 feet still in freefall, someone other than me saw a flash of white behind the trees. I just retired a racer that had never been spliced or other wise rapaired with 2500 jumps, and it wasn't just one rigger that had passed it was all in our area.
But hey I am not here to convince anyone of anything, you like your infinity more power to you I mean more power racer to me. he he he

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

how much betting and how low you want to take it?

Quick ejectors were replaced for B-12 at the factory.
I asked customer to find another rigger.

i think i would rather have a rig thet is easy to repack. and one that i won't get charged extra!

That is a matter of opinion. I find Racers easier to pack than any other gear. It is a matter of perspective, it's like saying apples taste better than oranges.

If I can make your argument for you, you don't want a rig that isn't forgiving of bad rigging. A bad rigger gets a 1pin system in and doesn't check the manual and just "wings"it, will probably figure most of it out becuase he's packed alot of 1 pins.
The same rigger packing a racer will scratch his head and blame the container. His "winging it" will sometimes cause high pull forces and damaged components.

It's not that Racers are inherently hard, they are just designed different. While I agree many rigger (even excellent ones) find it difficult, it's because of lack of familiarity, not poor design.