letsgofast

Nitro Main canopy

Once I get a decent amount of jumps on my Nitron I'll chime in with my impressions on it too... I load it pretty light due to making a lot of jumps over 5280ft MSL but I've jumped everything from a Sabre 2 210 to a Stiletto 150 so hopefully I will be able to provide a decent comparison for people interested in it as a "first elliptical". Stay tuned. ;)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Once I get a decent amount of jumps on my Nitron I'll chime in with my impressions on it too... I load it pretty light due to making a lot of jumps over 5280ft MSL but I've jumped everything from a Sabre 2 210 to a Stiletto 150 so hopefully I will be able to provide a decent comparison for people interested in it as a "first elliptical". Stay tuned. ;)

Again, Nitro = Nitron but different name to different market? I thought someone mentioned this before.

I couldn't find the thread in which beezyshaw listed all the differences, but here are a few:

different material (slippery (Nitron) vs non-slippery (Nitro) ZP) - one is supposed to last longer than the other but I'm not starting that argument.
different lines (Nitro has black UV-resistent lines, both are continuous Technora (HMA))
a couple of contruction quirks that I'd butcher an explanation of...

I'm not sure a mere mortal could tell them apart in flight, but you can easily tell the difference just by looking at them (other than the name on the label :P)

edit: To add that Precision licensed the design and started building them for the US-market. Later on HiPerUSA was started (by a former Precision employee) and began importing "the real" canopies. Nitro design has been updated over time slightly, AFAIK the Nitron is still built the "Precision way". This is the story as I remember it. If I'm in err, someone please correct it.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I couldn't find the thread in which beezyshaw listed all the differences, but here are a few:

different material (slippery (Nitron)

So THAT's why it took me three hours to get that <50 jumps 170 into the bag during that packing course over a year ago! (yeah, my packing skills sucked, but it wasn't entirely me.) That was the stupidest, stubbornest decision I made all day. I shoul've just chosen the student Triathlon-190 for my self-pack job jump. I could have prevented a couple hours of misery. At the time I thought, "well, I want to pack the canopy I had rented a few times. If I can pack this newer thing, anything else should be easy." :S