SkiD_PL8

Buying a neptune

There are a bunch of places to order on line. To name two that I have ordered from are Square1.com and Paragear.com . Both have sent my orders quickly.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

There are a bunch of places to order on line. To name two that I have ordered from are Square1.com and Paragear.com . Both have sent my orders quickly.

Thanks I had been looking on paragear was basicly just wanting to make sure I wouldn't be better off shopping somewhere else.

Greenie in training.

I'm disappointed in mine. I'm on my second one, and it went nuts just two weeks ago. I'm on the ride to alti and it starts displaying altitudes from 35,000 to -35,000 and everything in between.

Frankly, I think we are beta testing the thing, and even if the customer service is great in replacing it, that doesn't help me when I'm taking a tandem up and it craps out.

I have had no problems with either my digitude or my Pro-track. That the neptune combines the best features of both is cool, I've just had execrable luck with mine.

I'm disappointed in mine. I'm on my second one

i hear that dude, i am too, and i'm about to be on my third because my screen on mine just quit on me, it won't turn on or display anything.

i still need to send the fucker back, but i'm lazy.

later

I've had mine for some time now with no issues. I did manage to crack a screen during a riser strike (hardly the units fault) and it was replaced no questions asked immediately.

There are many, many happy neptune owners out there.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Love my neptune. Started using it as a visual, then switched it over to an audible. Knowing when to stop tracking without looking at my altimeter is the coolest thing ever. Plan on using it tomorrow as a visual for night jumps because of the built in light (and my lack of glow sticks).

As far as I'm concerned there's only one place to get a neptune (or damn near any other piece of equipment) online. Send a PM to arlo and say "gimme gimme gimme" and she sends you stuff. You're actually purchasing from The Skydiving Outlet at Deland.

Never ever buy from paragear unless you can't find something somewhere else. Their prices almost always suck. They sucker in new jumpers by sending the catalog out.

TSO-D's neptune price was the lowest I could find, and arlo threw in shipping too. She also added a few goodies to go with it. BUY FROM HER! She kicks butt.

Dave

TSO-D's neptune price was the lowest I could find, and arlo threw in shipping too. She also added a few goodies to go with it. BUY FROM HER! She kicks butt.

Point of information -- arlo no longer is at TSO-D.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I have a neptune on my left hand and an altimaster III galaxy located on my right mudflap. I use both of them for visual aid. So far, neptune has been great for me. Both of them have been consistent together when judging altitude.

I'm more of a stats geek so I prefer to use neptune for logging jumps and recording freefall rate/time. Can't beat protrack for that, though.

PM sent for a dealer on Neptune.

Lets see if posting works yet... (tried posting like 4 times already)

Yep, night jumps at CPI tonight. I'll jump if I can get my hands on a strobe. Maybe I can sucker a couple others into doing a 3 way or something.

About arlo...

I think she can still take orders, but no longer physically works in the shop. PM her and new toys arrive a few days later. Credit card statement still says TSO-D.

Dave

Mine too we jump at 14.5k and it started logging at 12k I pulled at 4k, and it showed 2.1k I was jumping with 2 other jumpers that had dive computers and my neptune showed way off. It is running on the last update. I am thinking of starting to jump with a mechanical on the same hand again to make sure it is ok.

Mine too we jump at 14.5k and it started logging at 12k I pulled at 4k, and it showed 2.1k I was jumping with 2 other jumpers that had dive computers and my neptune showed way off. It is running on the last update. I am thinking of starting to jump with a mechanical on the same hand again to make sure it is ok.

On the actual altimeter, or in the log? I have had those problems with the log function, but the actual alti has always read spot on during the dive. I have found it to be an awesome altimeter, although I don't have the "latest" update and i'm too lazy since I got a protrack to worry about the inaccurate logging on mine. Note that Alti-2 has offered for me to send it in for them to update and all, but it isn't that I can't do it myself, i'm just too lazy to try yet again with the logging right now.

Angela.