Evelyn

Will white on a container get really dirty?

Designing my new container is becoming a really big ordeal. I've got several dozen samples and the one I like best has some white. I really like having a little bit of white because it seems to brighten up the color scheme. But I am also very practical so am thinking that even a little bit of white may not be good if it gets dirty real easily. I'm not talking about rolling in the dirt dirty, just the normal dirt from normal use. Any opinions/advice?

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

What are your primary colors? What kind of rig are you getting? I have helped lots of people design their rigs. It's the best part of my job!

White pin striping can stay pretty clean. But not the binding tape.

Anyway, let me know what your colors are....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

What parts do wish to be white?

It gets dirty but it still looks good. leave it off or the reserve and the main cover flap for certain.

The cover flaps willl be black for practicle purposes. I just wanted the white on the smallest parts, don't know how to explain it but you know theres the one part coming down below the flap and then a couple areas on either side. I just wanted the smaller areas, one on either side to be white.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Mine is blue & White tie-dye. The binding tape is navy. All of it, including the leg straps. I did not scotchguard it. I do get the occasional grass stain on my 3rd point of contact once in awhile (right butt cheek where the laegstrap is). I take it home, soak just the grass stain with some color-free cheer, take a soft brush to it and then rinse thoroughly and let it dry. Every winter I bathe the container. My region has lots of wind and dust. Two years old, couple/three hundred jumps and it looks new.

Now my tandem rig on the other hand.... ;)

I have white on my rig and I don't regret it. I'm pretty lazy about cleaning it to and it really doesn't look bad, even a little dirty. I've had my rigger scotchguard it and clean it occasionally, but with about 900 jumps in 3 years, it looks good.

unless your one of those obsessive compulsive neat freaks, i'd say go for the white, it looks sharp.

just an opinion. and i've got lots of white coming on my second rig any day now as well...

edit to add: just saw you're in perris, check out my rig sometime. you can't miss my jumpsuit, orange and green and I'm usually shooting video for the school. there's a lot of rigs with white in perris...

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

White on the reserve side flaps is very good looking.

Mine is still in absolutely new condition after 2 years, but I don't roll over or fall backward if my landings aren't perfect.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Whit eventualy gets dirty, but unless you crash land it gets uniformly dirty so you don't notice it so much. Go for it.

I've got 2 rigs with a bunch of white on them, still look good.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'd recommend NOT putting white on any part of your rig that gets handled a lot (think dirty hands giving you a pin check, etc...), or that will make contact with the floor of the plane or the ground under normal conditions.

Other than that, go nuts!

Both of my rigs are about 90% white and 5% yellow. Even the leg straps are white. Yes, they will get dirty. Yes, it will piss you off. But if you Scotchguard them, they will clean up pretty well. Cowardly people will make fun of you for having white on your rig, but you can say to them, "Bah!"

Oh, and I didn't get a white rig until I had over 700 jumps, so I wasn't falling down as often.

- Dan G

I would not get white on a rig...

Maybe just white pin stripping.

But any large part, or any part that gets handled is not a good idea.

I have a gray backpad....And left me tell you its ugly now.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334