jcadiver

my most expensive jump

well last week i got my brand new pro-track and i was so excited. Today i used it for the third time and when i opened my riser hit it and i LOST IT..... it has been my worst jump ever....so make sure that if you are mounting equipment outside your helmet it better be real tight....:(:(:(

Lesson to be learned: This is not an incident.

Most, if not all, new threads here should start with the report of an actual incident. General safety issues or small and potential incidents should be posted to the Safety and Training forum

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

well last week i got my brand new pro-track and i was so excited. Today i used it for the third time and when i opened my riser hit it and i LOST IT..... it has been my worst jump ever....so make sure that if you are mounting equipment outside your helmet it better be real tight....:(:(:(

If you're not sure, ask your rigger to check. Or let your rigger do it.

Hey, don't feel so bad. Wait till you cut away and can't find your main.

Wayne

I keep my Neptune inside my cheap Pro-Tec. Yeah it is a little tight on the ear, but I haven't lost it yet. I thought about mounting it on the outside but changed my mine after reading about riser strikes on the forums here. I've heard stories of people calling L&B and them sending out a new Pro Track after a customer has lost one due to a riser strike.
Try this one and this one.

Big Ed

I don't think that he should be contacting L&B if it were his fault that he lost it... That's why they are so expensive in the first place.

Now if you used the rubber bands, zip ties, and mounting bracket, and this combination failed, by all means - see what they can do....

If everyone that lost one whined to L&B, how expensive do you think they would be?

Sorry about your loss. I have lost one as well. Bought another soon after.

That's why mine is in the bracket, secured by lotsa duck tape. Sorry about your loss.

I use a Velocity helmet. It has a flat place on the right side that protrudes about half an inch and would normally be used as a camera mounting point. I took a very thin piece of leather, glued it inside the mounting point, and place my pro track inside. It fits perfectly and I have no problem hearing it. That protects it from me doing something idiotic and losing it.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

You might try as I think some one has already sugested and e-mail L&B. It may seem strange to contact them but just explain what happened and ask if there is any thing they could do. Alot of times they will replace them for free. I lost one the same way you did and contacted them explained what had happened and a week later they had shipped me a new one free. L&B really back there products well.
Kirk

JFYI I wrote that reply when it was still posted in the incidents forum, where by all means this doesn't belong. But yeah, whatever...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

It has a flat place on the right side that protrudes about half an inch and would normally be used as a camera mounting point.

If I'm not mistaken, that's what the protrusion on the Velocity helmet is for.

To mount a camera on a Velocity they recoment you buy their (Skydance Photography) "L" bracket, and mount it on the LEFT side as most sidemounts are.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You are probably right cause I've seen hundreds of cameras mounted on the left. I just took for granted that a camera should be mounted there. The reason for this thinking is that the inside of the helmet itself is really rough and scratches the pro-track terribly unless you place some sort of protective covering inside to prevent it so I took it for granted that it was a camera mount. Hey, I think backwards a lot so overlook me:D.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

The mounts for the pro-track really suck. I improved mine with a layer of carbon fiber and never lost one or broke an improved mount

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

I lost one the same way and L&B replaced it free...and gave me a new mount, as the old one cracked, I also had an LCD screen crack, and they replaced it free.. L&B are AWSOME.. a great company... I now use 2 small Skybands, and go around the mount and Protrack... and have no problem with it falling out.