Kerridwen

Is it love?

I did my first tandem on 8/18 and after coming in, one of the instructors looked at me and said "oh she's an addict" which I thought was strange...However I did hang around for the rest of the day then thought about it every moment after that (awake and asleep).

I started looking into AFF training and decided come hell or high water I was going to get the money to go. So I went back a week later to do another tandem to make sure I really liked it (disregard the fact that I signed up for AFF before being "sure" lol) and was thrilled to discover it was even better the second time!! When I walked in several of them said "knew you'd be back" and that they knew I'd be signing up for AFF. I do feel different but how do I look different (even people at work commented on it)??

Still thinking about it every moment and counting down the days til I start AFF camp (12 days) and I'm pretty certain it's just going to keep getting better.

I can tell you I have gone through quite a bit and haven't been myself in a very long time. With the first jump it stirred my soul and I felt alive again; it's like being reborn. On top of that, I've met some of the coolest people from all different walks of life that just get it. It's funny because people who are afraid to skydive think we have a deathwish when it's just the opposite!

So what do you think? Is it love?

I can tell you I have gone through quite a bit and haven't been myself in a very long time. With the first jump it stirred my soul and I felt alive again; it's like being reborn. ... ...It's funny because people who are afraid to skydive think we have a deathwish when it's just the opposite!

So what do you think? Is it love?

I'm a fellow noob, but I hear where you're coming from. My skydiving experiences remind me of fantasy stories where the character suddenly discovers a marvelous secret, like when Harry Potter discovers he's a wizard. Or when the "A. Square" in Flatland discovers the third dimention. People can do this? I can do this? Incredible!
And yes, some non-skydivers in my life think I have a death wish (and think they have the right to tell me how stupid/crazy/irresponsible I am). But as you said, it's anything but a death wish. It's finding something that makes life more amazing.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I know what you mean.

I landed after my first jump and said "I gotta do that again."

And it's not a deathwish. Nowhere near. It's a lifewish.

To be fully alive, truly experiencing it. Not just existing.

captain1976 has the sigline "You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime."

That's why I do it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Ditto on all the comments above.... everybody that says you have some sort of "death wish" have no clue about skydiving or the thrill of freefall, canopy control or landings (IMHO all are thrilling). As a newbie with only 3 jumps into my AFF, I learned a new term.....WHUFFOs...those are the people that question the sanity of a person that jumps out of a "perfectly good airplane". Forget em'...they are the same ones that will blow more money on a new big screen TV, sofa and loveseat than you ever will enriching your life in this awesome sport. Good luck with your training and like one of my instructors said to me "relax and enjoy...this is a song that you learn one note at a time...."
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

I'm with ya. I took my first jump on 8/27 and I just can't get it out of my mind.

I was at lunch with some co-workers the other day and I was staring at the window while everyone was discussing work. One of them suddenly looked over at me and said, "You're thinking about skydiving aren't you?"

Of course I was! I'm looking forward to learning and experiencing this sport for the rest of days.

Blue skies!
"Alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

All I can think about on the weekdays is the weekend and driving down to the DZ which is basically my weekend home now.

I'm pretty much checked out at work now, all I can think about job wise is finding one that pays better so I can jump more lol. I guess the only upside job wise is that skydiving is motivating me to find a better job. :P

Every other luxury purchase has pretty much become not important, every extra dollar I have outside of regular expenses I'm saving now to buy my gear for when I'm done with AFF and the 12 free jumps included since I prepaid for my course.

I'm down to a handful of whuffo friends now. My old friends bore me now. When I see people posting pictures on facebook from their weekend of club hopping, getting drunk (all for way too much $$$) or going hiking (yawn) I realize how boring my routine was before.

Luckily I've replace those friends with a much larger more exciting bunch!

:D

The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo