scruffy

FNG saying hi

Hi guys, greetings from Atlanta. I only have 1 tandem under my belt so far that I did a while back. I have been watching these forums for a while now trying to absorb info and I thought it was time to say hi. I'm planning on starting AFF this coming Saturday at Skydive Atlanta (only about 30 minutes away from my house.) I'll be doing the AFF progression a little slower than I'm sure most do because I'm trying to combine my entry into skydiving with paying for school out of my own pocket, but I'll get there eventually. Thanks for the great info available on this website, and I hope to see some of the DZ community around as I start getting into the sport.
Peace, love and hoppiness

I know what you mean about the cost and stuff but good luck with it and enjoy. Have fun in the instructional parts too! It makes the day go by faster and the jump is that much better when you're upbeat.

Thanks for the responses, I'll try and scope out Gary when I hit the DZ Saturday. Staying upbeat is not a problem, I couldn't be more excited about this opportunity, it's literally all I've been talking about the past few days. I think I might be able to wrangle some friends and relatives to come along and get into the sport as well. Why anyone wouldn't want to jump out of a plane at 14 grand is beyond me;)

Just wanted to update, I did my AFF 1 on Saturday as planned. Gary is a fantastic guy and I enjoyed talking to him and having him as one of my instructors for my jump, and my first jump course instructor, Hoop, did a great job preparing me. I had a blast and I hope to keep this AFF train running this weekend