katiebeth

New Jumper!

I jumped last weekend after a 4 month layoff. I was definitely nervous! It's ok to be a little nervous, it's better than being complacent. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We have a little cessna so the climb to 10k is about 20 mins...plenty of time to think. I guess it seems the two most beneficial things I've learned to do are to visualize my jump once or twice from start to finish and to BREATHEEEEE. I don't even realize how tense I'm getting until I purposely relax. And I haven't even started spotting yet! Maybe that'll help.

JohnDeere & Skymama: thanks for the encouraging words. More than anything else I'm excited to fly, more than the fear and the nervous, so I'm okay with those other things being there. :)

No one told me that skydiving would make NOT spending money on other things so much easier. :P

-km

Levels 5 & 6 today & jumped a self-packed rig! Planning my level 7 for next weekend...having a hard time settling back into the world outside my little dz family! I'm finding it really easy to head up first thing in the morning and not get home until long after the sun has gone to sleep. :) Anyone else?

-km

Levels 5 & 6 today & jumped a self-packed rig! Planning my level 7 for next weekend...having a hard time settling back into the world outside my little dz family! I'm finding it really easy to head up first thing in the morning and not get home until long after the sun has gone to sleep. :) Anyone else?

-km

its gotten so bad i just go up friday and camp. come home sunday evening after jumping all weekend.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Hi, another new jumper here. I'm at 16 jumps and addicted!
I seem to spend all weekend out on the skydive patio hoping to get up in the air whenever there is a space!! Luckily I have a really friendly dropzone and the owner has already let me sleep on the sofa in reception instead driving all the way home to come back early the next morning!

Sorry to drag up an old post, but thought an update was in order!

Still working on the A, hoping to have it by the bikini jump that's planned for my birthday in a couple months. Yes, I know it will be cold, and yes, I know I will look funny. :) Packing finally clicked a few pack jobs ago and now it makes total sense to me how everything's organized.

Let's see...what else. There was the 2nd jump on the new-to-me rig that left me with a couple of scraped knees cause I was riding my brakes in...have since learned not to do that! And then had some fun with a 4-way horny gorilla...even pretended to pick my nose in freefall. Had to ham it up for the camera a little. :)

So overall, jumps are going well and my only complaint is that with classes starting back up, as a grad student I'm going to have to fight for jump weekends this semester. Can someone say study groups at the dz? :)

-km

Was very fearful today! Don't know why.

Did jumps 13-15. One unsuccessful swoop & dock, one solid 2-way exit to 4-way, one sort of sit fly! Got stable for a few seconds in the sit, which was really a cool feeling. Too bad I'm better in freefall than I am with landings. Seems like taking even two weeks off puts me back at square one with canopy control. I know it takes time, but I'm getting tired of skinned body parts! :)

Blue skies...hoping to jump again soon & get that A card filled out ASAP!

-km