Zoter

Gettin...the damn thing in the damn bag!

Ok y'all...Ive read it all here....about packing.
Im comfortable getting my propack up to the point where its on the floor....and needs dressing and bagging.
Im really looking for some video of your different techniques for bagging here....sure i can see it on the DZ....but Id really like to slow it down and analyse...(just my style)
Anybody have anything ...video or sequential stills they know of or would like to share...??

Gratefully yours.....Zoter

Find a good, nice, attractive packer and get him or her to help you with some tips.

Karenmeal fits the bill at Snohomish. She showed me some minor tricks that totally make it better. Squish this part, air out at this time, hand here before making that fold, etc. and now sometimes when I put my canopy in the bag, it looks like a folded up canopy!

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

videos are nice (i have one) but its nothing like hands on experience.
the best thing would be to find a friendly experienced packer/jumper that will help you out.

there are many methods and people have shown me at least 5 when i was learning,
how i pack now is a mixture of them , taking what suits me in every stage.

its the small things, like where your knees are, shifting your weight and so on.
you'll get it, we all do at some point ... ;)

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Karenmeal fits the bill at Snohomish. She showed me some minor tricks that totally make it better. Squish this part, air out at this time, hand here before making that fold, etc. and now sometimes when I put my canopy in the bag, it looks like a folded up canopy

Yours was reallly easy to pack Eugene... That jump we traded canopies its a lot easier to pack than the slippery monster I just packed twice now.. THIS new material on the Samurai is some slippery snotty stuff.... Your Hornet with the South African material... lots easier...

Me.. I will just pay my dear little Pink Mafia Sister to pack mine.. she does a great job... and she can use the bucks for college.B|B|

That is a win win for us both..

Flip it over, roll it up like a sleeping bag, put it in the bag upside down and then flip it all back over.. it's called a roll pack.. (some people call it a psycho-pack but roll pack sounds safer) ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

...Im really looking for some video of your different techniques for bagging here...
Anybody have anything ...video or sequential stills they know of or would like to share...??

Try this still sequence from Brent's site...

And here is a method of getting it in the bag using a reverse S fold...I use it all the time on my Samurai; works great once you learn where the folds need to be made:)
Good luck!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

Flip it over, roll it up like a sleeping bag, put it in the bag upside down and then flip it all back over.. it's called a roll pack.. (some people call it a psycho-pack but roll pack sounds safer

Hey thats what I do.. but I call it my psycotic trash pack... I always hve good openings.. and they do not slam me...

videos are nice (i have one) but its nothing like hands on experience.
the best thing would be to find a friendly experienced packer/jumper that will help you out.

The only worthless part of the video's though is that they always show this nice small neat canopy fitting nicely into a big ole D bag when I have a ball breaking big ass canopy I'm trying to get into a bag that's SUPPOSED to be the right size, but I'd swear it was actually designed for a canopy 2 sizes smaller than mine.

For that you need a real live packer who shows you all the nasty little tricks you can use to get the SOB into the bag, even if it don't look pretty.

Thanks Skycat ( and all ) for those great tips....
After much practice ....i have found a nice technique that works well....and I can get my packjob done from it being dropped down after a lift to closing the mouth lock stows in 11 mins.
Thats fast enough for me !!

Thae tip by skycat about folding the 'rabbit ears' into the fold under the centre seam works a treat ! as does a great tip one of the chaps at Headcorn showed me......ie dont wrestle the packjob and put too much pressure on it.....just enough pressure to hold it together..

Thanks all

A trick that works for me is to push the big fold into the bag (the whole thing is s-folded at this point -- it's not the reverse fold method), then shove the "ears" in after that. When I started doing it that way, my life got a LOT easier. :)