dreaming13000

I can't think of anything else

I had wanted to do a tandem skydive for quite sometime, just for the thrill and bragging rights I guess. I was very shocked at how little fear I experienced, even going out of the plane, everything felt so surreal to me, that 40-50 second freefall felt like 20 minutes to me! After it was over I was walking on air a bit and just happy....and that was it, I thought. Then a week went by and I really had alot of questions in my mind about this whole skydiving thing...so I began to look into the sport itself, studying the physics, to protocol, to dz mentality, the information manual....I began to think about skydiving as I went to bed, when I woke up, every waking moment it seemed. I am glad I found this site, because I am driving my friends and family absolutely nuts, they are sick of hearing about skydiving from me lol. So I am doing my AFF level one next week, just a taster to see if this sport is really for me and something I want to invest the time and money into! Blue skies! B|
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

I finally did my FJC! I also completed AFF level 1 and 2....I don't believe I can even begin to type into words what I experienced / felt / learned about myself. I do know one thing, this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I am planning on finishing my AFF levels the fourth of July weekend!
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

Way to go!!! It really is beyond words, isn't it? When people ask me what it's like to skydive, I really can't give an answer that comes anywhere close to describing the experience. Have fun finishing AFF. You 've got a lot to look forward to. B|

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Congrats! I hope you reach your goal on making it next weekend. Don't forget to buy beer!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Great! After 8 years, I'm coming back, and Skydive San diego will be my home DZ... so I'm up for beer

Welcome!
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

The tunnel rocked, I think it is more difficult then actual freefalling just because there are walls! my 6 year old did it though! soooooo cute! I loved hanging out perris! awesome DZ. B| stay in touch maybe we'll run into eachother one day.

I just got home from the DZ. I accomplished alot today, AFF level 3,4 and 5, tomorrow is levels 6 & 7...sooo, I just don't know what type of beer, how much beer etc? to buy? ;)

Any advice?

jess

I just got home from the DZ. I accomplished alot today, AFF level 3,4 and 5, tomorrow is levels 6 & 7...sooo, I just don't know what type of beer, how much beer etc? to buy? ;)
Any advice?
jess

well what were they drinking when you were there today? I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, so I wondered the same thing at 1st. But took mental notes, hanging out at the dz. :S funny how you seem to have the same exact questions, with just a hint lot of sarcasm. in your own & my threads. tag your it. :P ever get the feeling you 'know' someone you just met? :D
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

A case is the normal amount. I usually get two, twelve packs of different brands. Bottles, not cans. The choice is up to you, but don't get the cheap stuff unless you want to be ragged on all night long while they drink it anyway. The best kind of beer is free. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hahaha, I know that feeling ;)!

So I am off student status, went up yesterday evening and completed my first real solo jump B| all I can really say is that I know this is only the beginning and I know it will just keep on getting better!

*Much love the the kick ass skydivers I met at skydive san diego! Thank you! I WILL be seeing you guys way too much!

blue skies

Hahaha, I know that feeling ;)! So I am off student status, went up yesterday evening and completed my first real solo jump B| all I can really say is that I know this is only the beginning and I know it will just keep on getting better! blue skies

very B| if I weren't so happy for you right now, I'd be turning into the green eyed monster. could never do that to you. too happy for you. :) I get to be happy for you. :) I think I feel a 24hr'jump bug' coming on. I may have to call in tomorrow. ;)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

SWEET! Congratulations!!!!! As far as the beer thing goes...I suggest you just keep passing me one until I pass out...might be more than one case...just to let you know. :P

Keep me informed when you might head out to Perris, i'll try to make my way out there more often know that I've tested and retested my wings this past weekend and they're all good!

SA B|