x95lee

33, yet virginal as new fallen snow, parachutically speaking

Wonderfully useful site here, thanks to the administrators and everyone posting on it!

My name's TC, I'm a 33 year old lawyer living in Detroit, and the longest fall I've taken is a lindy off my garage a few years ago. I've always wanted to fly, however. I literally dream about it most nights. In a perfect world I will manage my fear well enough to someday try BASE, and maybe a wingsuit.

I'm angling to begin AFF as soon as the Michigan thermometer breaks the "ball-shrinking-nip-raising cold" mark. Can't wait!

Looking forward to mining this website for info during the journey. Thanks in advance to everyone!

Blue skies! (Is that the skydiver's fare-thee-well?)

- TC

In a perfect world I will manage my fear well enough to someday try BASE

I was the same, I didn't even care about skydiving, it was just merely the stepping stone to better things.

Then I jumped :o I got excited and started reading articles/forums/watching videos for hours each day about skydiving.

Now I'm convinced that skydiving has so much awesome variety to offer that I don't even think about BASE at all, now my longterm goal is freeflying rather then jumping off a cliff.

Have fun! The first jump is B|

Thanks for your replies!

Bodypilot1 - That's a definite possibility at some point in the future. Noticed you're based in CA - I've spent quite a bit of time in Sacramento. I've got to support MI DZs and instructors during my A-License, though!

Chubba - I've been devouring every skydiving, base and wingsuit video I can find. Now I'm going to add freeflying to that list.

skymama - thanks! And hubba hubba

AllisonH - I've been communicating with Wild Wind Skydivers in Saginaw. I'm impressed with the outfit - and everyone I've spoken to about it has a good opinion. Even though Skydive Tecumseh is closer to DET than Wild Wind, I'm planning on the latter ... but maybe we'll bump into each other eventually ... I don't imagine the skydiving community is all that big in MI! (Might be wrong about that ...)

AllisonH - I've been communicating with Wild Wind Skydivers in Saginaw. I'm impressed with the outfit - and everyone I've spoken to about it has a good opinion. Even though Skydive Tecumseh is closer to DET than Wild Wind, I'm planning on the latter ... but maybe we'll bump into each other eventually ... I don't imagine the skydiving community is all that big in MI! (Might be wrong about that ...)

Are Brad and Bruno still AFF instructors up there? If so, they're definitely top notch. Haven't been up there, but I've jumped with them both in Tecumseh and in Ohio. (Not saying their other instructors aren't good too, those're just the ones I know.)

Thank-you. I don't look like that when I'm left to my own devices. Professionals did that to me. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon