JimTim

Where should I go?

Hey all,

First time poster, long time reader. . . I took a tandem jump a few years ago and got the bug. Unfortunately I never had the time or the money to get my 'A' License which I swear I would do someday. Well I got the time. . . So my question to yall is where should I go to get my 'A'. I'm looking for the most affordable option, but obviously quality should play a factor. As to where, anywhere in the lower 48 is fine. Due to the nature of my job I can get too the location for no cost, so where the DZ is doesn't really matter to me.

Thanks all. . .

Hello Jim,

Since location isn't a problem and I'm assuming you want to get started I would suggest a place that is warm and a place that also has a wind tunnel. The wind tunnel can help increase your learning curve quickly.

The following DZs are well thought of and they either have a wind tunnel on site or it is within easy driving distance. They are all good and training at any of them would be a great experience.

Florida - Zephyrhills, Deland
Claifornia - Perris, Elsinore
Arizona - Eloy
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Tecumseh's prices are pretty much average for AFF training. Their website, www.skydivemichigan.com, has price lists for both AFF and IAD training. IAD's cheaper, but both offer discounts if you prepay. If you have any questions about it or have trouble finding the info you need send me a message, I work there. They'll be closed for students until the beginning of April, but they do return phone messages in the off-season.