Jinxie

Newbie from South Africa :-)

Hi there,

I am a 41-year old mother of two girls who, along with my husband Michael got into the sport 4 months ago. We both did static line training with the AFF conversion. He has finished 6 jumps already and I have...erm, hmm, um, ahem...done one tandem :$. As much as I would love to be able to do AFF, I am too chicken chit and thus am quite happy to do a tandem every second weekend :ph34r:. Ah well, the tandem guys at JSC are so wonderful, why not just let them take control while I enjoy the ride I say? Also, I am just a Porter junkie and am happily strapped in for as many take-off's and landings as I can pay for! The crowd of people at JSC have been fantastically patient and wonderfully supportive and it great to see a few peeps from SA on this site! So hello again, and hopefully someday soon.....I can say, I did my first AFF jump (yup, as soon as the urge to puke passes every time the door opens) :P
Minds are like parachutes -- they only function when open. -- Thomas Dewar

So hello again, and hopefully someday soon.....I can say, I did my first AFF jump (yup, as soon as the urge to puke passes every time the door opens) :P

Door axiety....that doesnt goaway for awhile....so suck it up and do affB|. Seriously though..welcome to the forums. You will find alot of great people here...and alot of useful information. Good luck with your aff when you eventually do start it :ph34r:
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

hiya m8

I had never done any skydiving till my 30th last oct and i got my 1st tandem from 14,000 and i was chitting myself big time :S and i chit even more when the door opened, lol but once i was out it was great (like u know) so i went back 3 weeks later and had anogher go without the chitting, lol and i LOVED it.

I've now done my 1st static line and i have 5 more jumps (RAPS course) to do but the weather over here isn't always to great so progress is slow :( When i did my 1 solo jump i did again chit it but mate it was brilliant you must push yourself to the limit and go 4 it, i know next time i will chit again but its normal to feel the fear and if u don't then theres a prob :)
go 4 it ;)

The crowd of people at JSC have been fantastically patient and wonderfully supportive and it great to see a few peeps from SA on this site!

Welcome to the forums and to the activity. JSC peeps are great indeed (surprised Peej didn't chime in yet :P ). And this forum is actually a South African forum :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks you very much :-) :D I think Peej is the one that did camera for my tandem...Called PJ as the DZ? Dawie did my tandem by the way and I am hoping to book for Sunday again...so woohoo!

:D I think Peej is the one that did camera for my tandem...Called PJ as the DZ? Dawie did my tandem by the way and I am hoping to book for Sunday again...so woohoo!

Check the attachment, that's my Peej :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hey Bev, welcome to DZ.com! ;) Sorry it took me so long to say hi on here, been away from computers for a while.

you've been jumping again huh ?

Nah, i was in Morocco for the first week of the month... ;)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Hiya Peej! Thanks man. Woo hoo yeppers I jumped another tandem on Sunday with Dawie and absolutely thoroughly awesomely enjoyed it lol! I think I am just gonna stick to tandem once a month (or more) lol...Mike has to just cough up he he he :P Seriously though, he is happy for me to do it. Missed your camera though but Nicholas did quite a good DVD :P Mike did his first solo (level 8 AFF) and landed on his feet! I was soooooooooo proud. Although his level 7 was an outlanding 6km's away :S and ma had to go and fetch him he he he

hiya Peej...for sure. Looks like we will be there every Sunday from now onB| I have convinced Mike to finish his AFF and to continue jumping. Can you believe he nearly gave it up 6 weeks ago cos "work did not approve" (cough cough spit >:( ) LOL I think he should change careers instead! (hulle gatte ne?) lol

hey there you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the same sharkie I did my AFF training with in November (with Derek Woods also)?

With Vissie? :S I think he is an awesome person but doing backflips at this stage is not erm , um (cough cough) for me lol. I did one with Dawie after we exited and ended up almost kicking Nicholas (cams) in the face B|:o he he he dvd shows him pushing me away on my thigh nogal! I tell you this sport is the closest and most intimate I have been with other men since my 22 years of marriage l:ph34r:

Actually I spoke to Vissie after my last tandem and he spoke to me about handling toggles and stuff if I jump with him....so I am thinking about it :P Hopefully that will help me get a step forward to eventually doing my AFF.[:/]

Where you been Sharkie? I have not seen you at the DZ in a while.

Ag sorry man :$ I think I have you confused with Peter Annandale cos his nick is also Sharkie/Sharky? Please say hi at the DZ ok? We are quite new there so I have no clue who anybody is :P I am the gal with "rent a crowd" ha ha ha...na just a big family who are ALL into the sport now ....looks like we are usually camping in front of the beer line on Sundays he he he

I am laughing so hard reading your post! Everytime I think about starting my AFF my tummie turns a bit.......with EXCITMENT! I think all new to the sport understand your nervousness, I know I do. My main concern is not freefall though, it is under canopy...is that odd??
As for the words of encouragement, thank you and same back!

Heeeeeeeeeeeee your camera can handle that shade of green on my face and that shade of brown all the way up my back? :S:S:S

Lol seriously though...I will consider it...just need to get past these terrible mental blocks...I am really having a problem Peej [:/] and I so badly wanna fly eh

LOL at you! :P Yeah under canopy for me too :S Oh hell, you name it....I will be scared of it! I must be schizo cos one half of me say's "go for it gal, you are gonna love it" and the other half is saying "just you try it and I will show you what'll happen" :S

Bev, next time you do a tandem with Dawie or whoever, ask if you can deploy the parachute, that's another step in the progression. :)

Peej, just to keep the communication clear, Sa does not offer TAF, unless things have changed in the past few months. Having the student delpy the canopy and waer their own alti does allow for some basic concept of time related to task. It will also help with AFF, but the TMI needs to give a good breifing for it to have any significant benifit.

Bev, welcome to the sky girl ... enjoy and be safe ;)