therealbonger

i hate winter

Hey chaos, I'll put in a couple of jumps for you, and you can enjoy some nice fresh seafood for me! Or, just dip your toes in the water at Hampton Beach. I learned to surf there, and miss NH like you wouldn't believe.

Chris
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

I understand your pain....our DZ is closed for the season and have to travel 2 hours min to the nearest DZ...but did jump last week and had a blast....but it sure does get cold at altitude...BRRRRRRRRRRR; it was about 0 degrees at altitude.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I don't understand the term "closed DZ". Skydive AZ is the place to be, weekend forecast low to mid 70's.

Summertime is rough but the beauty of getting to altitude where it's nice & cooool!!!!!

Just stick with it;)

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.

trying to go through this static line progression but all the nice days i am working and when i am not it is cloudy as hell, cant stop thinking about that exit out of a plane, i think i am going to move to arizona or possibly southern florida, anyone have some good job ideas;)

Well..im in north florida and i dont think the dz's ever close down for the season. Might close due to weather...but with florida it changes every 20 minutes anyway. I jsut got intot he sport so i havent jumped anywhere here yet..but after i complete my AFF i plan on traveling to the different dz's in florida. ill let ya know where the better ones are! B|
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

You could always take the long drive to Gardiner, NY. The Ranch is open on weekends all winter (if weather permits). However, I agree with chaos, winter sucks. I love to ski and all, but I'd much rather jump than ski anyday. What we need is more global warming (or more disposable income for trips south).
Blue Ones
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

traveling to z-hills near tampa this past weekend was a dud and i'm no closer to my "a" license than i was before i left new england.

out of 3 possible jumping days, the winds were too strong the entire time. so i got to sit and watch the licensed jumpers all day long, waiting for the winds to die down - which they never did.

how incredibly frustrating!

i did, however, get the opportunity to meet a bunch of the dz locals, and they are a great group of people. friendly, welcoming, and very helpful to the newcomers. tk, the dz owner, gave a couple of us grounded students a great lesson in canopy control accuracy when he saw that we couldn't jump.

i even got a pink flamingo to guard my camper:)

That blows that you were grounded the whole time on your trip, sorry to hear it. Sounds like you did get some good use of your bench time-always a great time for extra coaching, packing lessons, water training, etc. I remember going for my A (starting in April) and not getting it till july, it felt lke the winds were always a bit too high or turbulence in the landing area, or some other "NO JUMP FOR YOU" scenario. But I can tell you this: when my instructor grounds students due to winds or turbulence (unless it's a specific grounding of one of the really bad students under canopy) I sit too.
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

I was in zhills a couple of weeks ago and weather wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either... however only got nine jumps in while on my florida adventure - weather/and got a cold to make it worse. I hit their annual "cold snap" what a bummer really, but still loved the jumping there and would go back in a heart beat.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!