mgoldade

Skydive or Divorce???

What a topic! I bet I got everyone's attention with this one. ;) Well, It holds true for me. Hi, I'm Marcus and I first jumped in Morden, MB in 1995. I had 2 great instructors, and fell in love with the sport. Unfortunately I fell in love with someone else. Anyways to make a long story short, 1996 was my last jump.
So... Here we are in 2006. I filed for the big "D" in feb. In May I did my first IAD jump in 10 years. Man, it never really loses that feeling! I have met a great bunch of people here at the Pacific Skydiver's Dropzone in Pitt Meadown, BC. Everyone has been great, and very helpful sofar. Anyways, after a week or so, I started inquiring about used gear. Low and behold I got some. I picked up a Sidewinder with a Sabre 170 and a Raven 180. Complete with a Cypres1. I sent the Cypres away last week for it's 8 year. I have also got everything else I need (jumpsuit, fraphat, alti, etc.) It feels so good to be back with a vengence! Why the hell did I ever give this up in the first place??? I have been at the DZ EVERY weekend since I made my decision. Still haven't been able to jump my own gear yet, but I get the Cypres back around the 26th. Looking forward to getting some coach jumps done and getting my "A" license. Glad to be part of the "Family" again!!!
:)
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
Larsen & Brusgaard Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

this is a problem you see my wife jumps with me BUT she says that when she gets pregnant that i will have to stop jumping and that is going to cause some problems because i am not going to stop jumping unless i break both legs she wont like it but skydiving is my hobbie and its what i love to do

I gave it up once for a woman, NEVER AGAIN!
I need to ind a cool chick who jumps! No other woman will do!
:P
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer
CSPA C, Coach 1, Rigger A, Instructor A, Tandem Videographer / Photographer, EJR

Don't sweat it,unless she wants the house! Then sell it to pay for more jumping!;) No, really, sorry to hear things didn't work out. My GF bailed when I was at about my lvl6. She was that turned off by my jumping. To bad,she still calls and we're still friends but I dont see me ever giving up my new love(skydiving) or a reconconciliation. Besides,There's plenty of pretty women around the DZ.
" It's not the days in your life that count, It's the life in your days that do"--Abraham Lincoln.
*** Blue skies my friendB|
I'm fine...crazy people don't know they're crazy...No,Really!

Well, It's 6pm, and I just got my cypres back form SSK. I haven't jumped my rig yet, and just bought it a month ago. It needed the 8 year. I'm off the the DZ right now for thr freefly bbq. I wonder if riggerrob can get it ready for me tonight? If not, I'll have to wait another cpl days to jump my new gear. I'm like a kid waiting for xmas morning!!!!!
:)
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer

During the past 6 years, there was nothing that would make me give up on the music. After getting into skydiving, I can say the same thing. I haven't had too good of luck with relationships mostly due to circumstance (bad timing, long distance, etc) so its not too huge of a problem. I doubt I will ever get engaged, but if I do the S.O. will have to share the passions in life I do. For the time being, whuffos who are against the idea of jumping are no longer a dating option. :D

Can't wait until i get to that point......still in AFF but loving every minute of it;). I am just getting a new rig...at least new to me and am so jazzed about it. Hope you are able to jump!!!! Keep us posted on how it went.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Jumping my new rig was AMAZING!!! I love it! I go all week dreaming about the weekend when I can jump it again! I think the people at work think I'm nuts and are going to smack me if I don't stop talking about my skydiving... LOL
;)
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer

Today I tried Sit-flying again. This was the first time I was able to exit in a sit and hol it from 10k to 4k stable! What a feeling!!!
I hit 4k and my protrack went off. I tried to go into an arch and went unstable. I kept my arch, but could not get stable. I pulled anyways. "Never sacrifice altitude for stability!". I had a soft opening, aside from getting whipped into an upright position.. I was way off my spot! fortunately the winds were on my side. What a jump! My opening may have sucked, but ?I nailed my sit, and I landed in 1 piece! I LOVE my new gear!!! :)
2K Composites Dealer
TonySuits Dealer

Got my rig today and it is beautiful!!!! Of course still can't use it but that will come in time. Sounds like you had a great time. I ended up just goint up to get the wind in my hair this weekend. We didn't work on any new AFF skills because our normal plane was down and we were only able to get to 9000ft...so just got out and played and relaxed. It was really nice. Looking forward to getting a long further. Great job on the sit flying.......I am still trying to land on my feet:ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

this is a problem you see my wife jumps with me BUT she says that when she gets pregnant that i will have to stop jumping and that is going to cause some problems because i am not going to stop jumping unless i break both legs she wont like it but skydiving is my hobbie and its what i love to do

I have to say it's a difficult one. We have discussed this at the DZ because we tend to lose a lot of women in the sport because they get pregnant.

I know when I get pregnant I will definitley stop skydiving. Since this is only going to be in a very long while it's not a problem yet but I do know that it would suck if my husband (who will surely be a skydiver!) carried on. I would feel so left out because I also love skydiving.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!