wildfan75

On my way...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the site. Never did I imagine after doing my first tandem last fall for my 30th birthday that I would be on my way towards my class A license, but I am loving every minute of it. I'm jumping out of Skydive Wissota in Chippewa Falls, WI (kudos to the experienced jumpers there for all their knowledge and help!! If anyone from the area is debating which drop zone to go to...Wissota. No only won't you regret it, you think it was the smartest thing you ever did (other than pull your ripcord anyway)). So far I have, in addition to my two tandems last fall, five S/L and six FF. My first FF was Friday (yes, I brought a case of beer for the occasion) and ended up doing an AFF on Sunday from 10,000ft! One word: OBSESSION!

Blue skies,
Lynn

Thanks and Totally! After having a taste of the FF on the tandems I couldn't wait to get through my S/L and get a little air. I've got some work to do on my boxman though. I'm stable but turning, can't keep my heading. It'll come though.

Oh Lody Lody.

What memories! Mary, Bob, Mike, Todd, Erik, Carlin, Amy P! Ask some of the old timers (I think it was Erik) about the story that involved the bowling ball, the Pumpkin Toss, the DZ Dog, and the guy in the wheelchair... and report back, okay? Chip rocks!

°
Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

Hehe, my second tandem last fall was during the pumpkin toss weekend and they told me the story then. They left him by the target when they bailed after the bowling ball was headed straight towards him. He said it was the best experience ever. Good story!

And I'm already starting to the get eye roll at work. I'll be sitting there with a huge smile on my face and they'll ask me what I'm smiling for. When I say skydiving, I get the eye roll (especially today after my 10k jump. All I would have to say is "ten thousand" and I'd get the eye roll). Their loss for not understanding.

Can it be the weekend yet? Although I do need some time to recover from the mental aspect and oh, let's call them extra curricular activities!

Whoooa...not a cheesehead. From Minnesota, just jump in Wisconsin. But I don't care if you're a Packer fan. I'm more concerned about hockey (Go WILD!). I did meet some people from East Troy last year that came up for the pumpkin toss. The only person's name that I can remember is Mo.

Sounds like me, only my co-workers are constantly telling me they're planning my funeral. What do they know.
You're a Wild fan? Oh my. Red Wings (you wouldn't know from my screen name. :)I've got ways to go before hitting that magic number. I'm just starting on my first non-tandem jump. Go me!
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I did my last student jump on Sunday. I'm an officially A licensed skydiver and it feels GREAT! I ended up doing it in 26 jumps because I got talked into doing a four way instead of doing my backloop/frontloop/barrelroll jump on Sunday morning. But I was glad I did the four way, it went really well (8 points...not too bad for a student).

Now on to the class B requirements and a whole lotta fun!

Warning: you will annoy your non-skydiving friends sooner than you would expect.

Isn't that the truth. Everyone at work thinks I've lost it and none of my friends have skydived.

Another update...I'm officially a B license skydiver! Woo Hoo! Now on to night jumps:S.

Also hammered out my first naked jump and my first eight way this weekend (4 points too!). I know, I know...Beer, beer and more beer!

How life has changed over the last three and a half months! I think one skydive (whether it be tandem or static line or AFF) should be mandatory for everyone! That way everyone would understand and at least non-skydiving individuals would get it. Yep, Death, Taxes and SKYDIVING!